Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Apathy or unquenched desire?

what are you doing posting those stats? [censored] you. if the question is who is better at tournament poker, the answer is unquestionably me. gfy

and why don't you look at the last 4 months instead of including every single tournament i've ever played, aka before i got better than you.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM

and no i'm not overreacting, its incredibly stupid and cocky of you to post stats like they prove you are right.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Nath,

You're being silly.

You are essentially saying -EV is +EV and if you disagree you are inflexible of thinking outside the box.

If you think certain "outside of the box" strategies/plays are in fact +EV the onus is on you to show/explain/prove why/how they are. You can't just say this is correct and if you don't agree with me then you are wrong.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:33 PM

well this thread sure got a lot worse after leo's posts !
Old 11-24-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah, see, this is yet another reason why you need some (or perhaps even more than some) apathy. When you only care about making money (as opposed to making more money than the next guy), poker doesn't turn into a childish dick-waving contest.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 PM

jesus there are some smart people in this forum. awesome read.

I'm somewhere in between. I hate losing in general. But admittedly things that used to excite me just don't anymore. I don't really flinch anymore unless its a big final table or something. All I try to do now is just focus purely on decisions. Was the decision right? If yes im happy, if not im upset - no matter the result.

As for my horse, he'd sure as hell better want it.

Ben
Old 11-24-2007, 08:44 PM

also to chime in a bit, i have to say that i have a really strong desire to do well in a huge tourney again. i'm primarily a cash game player but being chip leader/top 5 in chips in the million from 50 on down to the final table was by far the most excited i've ever been and the most fun i've ever had playing poker. having a lot of chips in a tournament is always a ton of fun. but at the same time when i bust out of a tourney im just like "lol donkaments, standard" so yes, somewhere in between is the best is what i'm trying to say. /ramble
Old 11-24-2007, 09:03 PM

apathy is way way better then the other extreme. I think it also lets you play super aggro and not worry about busting out in extremely silly spots or looking stupid like 4bet shoving 25s if you think its right because you don't care how others will perceive it afterwards and if you let the results eat at you, its just bad news bears...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, that statement (as well as a couple others you've made) is simply an incorrect generalization

[/ QUOTE ]
and you (as well as a couple other people who do this every time i post) simply tell me i'm wrong without telling me why. it's cool though. don't ever challenge yourself to re-examine your game. keep thinking of me as the crazy ranter person. [censored] i knew there's a reason i never even bother discussing strat on this forum anymore. bunch of inflexible thinkers who think they have it all figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason that statement was an incorrect generalization is because of the fact that it is not winner take all. ICM clearly shows that it is sometimes best not to make the decision that gives you the best chance of winning the tournament. If you really want a concrete example I can give you one, but that should be clear enough.

And no, I don't think I have it all figured out.

edit: the other blatantly incorrect generalization I was talking about was:

[ QUOTE ]
ANY time you think you can make people fold, you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, if you really want me to think of an example for this I will, but it's pretty clear. I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but I just hate when you go off on these rants and make silly generalizations, even if you do have a point underneath.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:44 PM

GIGABLOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKS

THE CHIPS FLOW LIKE A RIVER AND I AM THE DAMN, THE [censored] DAMN. WAFFLE CRUSH