Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: putting it in super light vs overagro 150 bbs deep. 1000NL

wtf you folded AQs preflop vs that guy in a blind fight?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

Ok well the problem is you seem to contradict yourself in a few places in an effort to lead everyone to say "ya you played it fine cooler" People are saying 3 bet because he has shown a propensity to get it in light with the A5 hand. You will also have position on him with what figures to be the best hand, so why not raise? If i am calling this pre, its to play it conservatively and to show him just because im calling doesnt mean i cant have a hand for later hands.

I am 3 betting this a ton vs this type of player. I don't think i'd raise this flop with out the intent of getting it in, which i wouldn't be too happy about. His range is big draws, pairs and draws, sets, or maybe like AA or KK or whatever. This range is hateful toward your hand. The fact that you are willing to get it in here like this for 150 bb and not reraise preflop means that he is using his image better than you are using it against him.

summary: reraise preflop, if you dont want to do that, dont reraise this flop unless you really are willing to get it in. He has not shown in any of those hands of letting someone else take the lead without them being all in. He wasnt going to call, then check call a bet or two with 89. Thats not how he rolls and you have to adapt to that.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:18 AM

i think irock hit the nail on the head when he said dont raise this flop if you dont intend on getting it in on the flop. but with all your reads that youre trying to give us about how much of a spewmonkey this guy is i dont see why you dont just try to get it all in pf.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 AM

this is the AQ hand. Do you seriously call this?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $1005.9
SB: $1283.05
Hero: $2179.02

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $130</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1273.05</font>, Hero folds.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think irock hit the nail on the head when he said dont raise this flop if you dont intend on getting it in on the flop. but with all your reads that youre trying to give us about how much of a spewmonkey this guy is i dont see why you dont just try to get it all in pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz its 150 bb deep and KQ vs TT is 44/56 and TT vs JJ is 18/81. Thats why. Also I don't see how seeing a flop vs a tilter who I've is super frustrated by me on the flop is bad. The Ad5d was vs a guy with 50 BBs he had already reraised and was getting approx 2-1.

I think that my edge is higher postflop than pre w/ this hand vs this guy.

I rock. What are you smoking man? He needs big draws? This monkey is shoving any reasonable draw given history. See the range for the equity calc.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think arguing about preflop is v important in this hand. You can't prove to me that the EV of 3-bet is higher than calling because solving for preflop EV is extremely complicated. In addition, post flop play is much more important than pre. That's why I posted the hand. I never intended to argue about pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its clear your intentions are on keeping this pot manageable. You are not comfortable with felting this hand minus a set, end of story. Against this guy, I think you're leaving a lot at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is utter bs. I three bet light a lot (usually have some FE) and never hesitate to get it in light when I think that it is +EV.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12747909
Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How can that be when you don't know what to do after raising this flop? No offense.

Edit: Also, jesus man. Don't post a hand if your gonna go all defensive and feel offended when posters offer their advice. iRocks post was spot on.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like the easiest preflop 3 bet ever

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why many players are so robotic. Please provide some reasoning besides lol. And RockyElsom, I'd rather win than show my balls to my opponents. It is really hard to calculate the EV of calling w/ TT vs 3-betting TT, but you could at least provide some arguments why you think 3-betting is better.

I mean after I three-bet, provided that he doesn't 4-bet 70% of the time there would be overcard on the flop and it will be really hard to extract value from worse hands.

While if I call I am almost guaranteed a bluff 3-bet on the flop in the 30% time I flop overpair. If the flop has an overcard I can excercise pot control and call him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're raising because you're "almost guaranteed" a bluff 3 bet by him, why are you so hesitant to put it in?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz its 150 bb deep and KQ vs TT is 44/56 and TT vs JJ is 18/81. Thats why. Also I don't see how seeing a flop vs a tilter who I've is super frustrated by me on the flop is bad. The Ad5d was vs a guy with 50 BBs he had already reraised and was getting approx 2-1.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah but playing the flop deep just panders to his spewy tendencies. TT doesn't have that much value this deep (i.e. you can't happily raise flop and get it in) and this guy's natural tendencies (to semibluff reraise alot) will be closer to the correct play, when your so deep. If you want to make his tiltiness hurt him instead of lead him closer to the correct play RR PF.