Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: what is your guess? Dan N.

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel wrote on his latest blog...

"On a totally unrelated note, the next blog I write is going to be very different than anything I’ve ever written before. I considered writing it now, but I wanted to give it some time so I can really think about what it is I’m saying and what the best way to say it is. It’s kind of a good news/bad news blog in a sense, although I prefer to see it as a very good thing and a positive step in my life. I’d explain further but the only way to do that would be to just write the blog now and I’m not going to do that.

As for when the blog will be written? It’ll probably happen within the week. "

My guess? Divorce or out of the closet or both.

Anyone else have an opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious he's taking a break from Poker. He states that "it's a good thing and a positive step in my life"... so a divorce wouldn't make sense. Plus he's deeply religous and don't think a divorce would be a good thing or positive necessarily (nor saying he's gay...).

I think a lot of 2+2ers overlook how difficult it truly is on anyone to make a solid living off poker year end and year out. There's just so much variance. Especially without making any substancial tournament wins. There's really only a very short list of poker pros who have played on a daily basis for the past 5+ years who have made a comfortable living.

DN is probably losing some monies hence thinks taking a break is a good thing and positive step. Maybe he is even planning on having a newborn....

I don't know maybe I'm way off. But I would lean towards a break from poker than anything else mentioned here.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 PM

I don't think he's gay. He just eats lots of soy which is what makes him so effiminate.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, I thought this was easy but no one mentioned it (that I saw).

He is quitting playing "The Big Game" or the highest stakes live. Which likely means he won't be playing High Stakes Poker on GSN anymore.

That or he is quitting golf. Those are my guesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

he said that he had never talked about the thing in the next blog.. think he has talked about these two things quite regularly!
my guess he has never actually played online, but used a cybernetic bot sent from the future to take down PA before he, PA, becomes so powerful that he rules the universe
Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 PM

You guys are nuts thinking DN is broke. He is the most marketable player out there right now. Everyone likes him (except) 2+2 internet trolls.

He is the most marketable man in poker. Pokerstars did extensive research before signing him.. " Why ?? " -- because he is getting huge coin to play for PokerStars. Did they send you a survey before they signed Dario and Khan ?? No. why ???

Because even Dario and Khan-- get about $100k a year (Speculation) in tourney entries to play for stars.

Daniel is getting far far far more than that obviously.

Maybe he took a hit or too playing the big game, but he is still the most marketable face in poker (bar none) and he will make money whether he wins or not for years to come.

My god you kids are so lost.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM

He has an appointment to finally sever the umbilical cord.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:34 PM

I know this guy who woke up one day and turned bonkers religious, like super hardcore. His tone was very, very similar to DN's in this blog entry. The guy in question swore off all the things he enjoyed doing because it was "blasphemous" since he could have been using his time to serve the lord and save non-believers. True story.

I think it's prudent to add "becoming a religious zealot" to the list.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM

didn't someone already say he's moving back to Canada to open poker room? enough with all the gay/divorce stuff, can't be that hard to wait for the blog to be written.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this guy who woke up one day and turned bonkers religious, like super hardcore. His tone was very, very similar to DN's in this blog entry. The guy in question swore off all the things he enjoyed doing because it was "blasphemous" since he could have been using his time to serve the lord and save non-believers. True story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just changed my vote, this is a definite possibility. Wasn't there a thread here a few months back regarding how Daniel was becoming more religious or how he was arguing about the existence of God or something?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 PM

He's taking a break to enter the Sub sammich making tourneys that are starting up EVERYWHERE.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just changed my vote, this is a definite possibility. Wasn't there a thread here a few months back regarding how Daniel was becoming more religious or how he was arguing about the existence of God or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised some of the born-again type possibilities haven't received more serious consideration. That's what I immediately thought anyway. Although I guess this isn't a very serious thread in the first place.
Closed Thread