Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: LMAO at Farha and Gold KK vs AA

[ QUOTE ]
maybe crazy, but do u think there is any chance sammy knew he was about to bust JG but didn't want to just so gold would stay in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF at "scared to death"? Sammy could quite reasonably have determined that Gold would only call with a better hand. But I'm sure you, watching at home, can make that determination much more easily than Sammy, who was there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, except for the fact that Jamie said "whatever you are betting, I'm calling" and practically announced the fact that he had KK throughout the hand. Worst river play ever..
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WTF at "scared to death"? Sammy could quite reasonably have determined that Gold would only call with a better hand. But I'm sure you, watching at home, can make that determination much more easily than Sammy, who was there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, except for the fact that Jamie said "whatever you are betting, I'm calling" and practically announced the fact that he had KK throughout the hand. Worst river play ever..

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I watched it. They both suck. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm not a great NL player, but I find it amusing as hell to see Greenstein open with $4,000, and to see Gold flat call with 64o with 6 people left to act behind him. And I don't mean one time. I mean time, after time, after time.

They HAVE to be paying him to play this bad.

Somebody needs to get this guy a starting hand chart.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK I watched it. They both suck. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love to watch the show, but High Stakes Poker is bad poker because the players are all (or mostly) playing to the viewing audience. Like the time Benyamine bluffed all the way to the river (successfully, but that's beside the point) with 72o. He was obviously just doing that to show off to the viewers- by choosing the absolute worst hand in poker to bluff with and that makes no sense unless you're doing it for entertainment/prestige value.

And I think the reason Farha checked last night was because he was worried about the public humiliation he would face if it turned out that Gold had flopped a set or something and was just playing scared. That check was the result of fear and I don't think it was the fear of losing money as much as of losing face. Except he lost that anyway by being a pu**y.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Can you really blame Farha? Jamie was NOT acting. He did not believe that Sammy has Aces. That retard really believed he had the best hand.

What the HSP players have the realize is that aside from having horrible tells, Jamie Gold is a god aweful poker player.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:19 PM

[ ] HSP @ 4 hands an hour pwns imo

Farha/Gold really pissed me off. That stupid hand took up THE FIRST 15 MINUTES OF THE SHOW. I can't believe nobody called time. absorutery ridicurous... ror!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Farha has AA and Gold has KK.
Farha opens up with a 10k bet preflop.
Gold raises
Farha raises
Gold Calls
They agree to see it to the turn.
Flop is like 10 6 4 turn 8
Farha makes a 100k bet
Gold flat calls
River is a 10
Gold talks a lot of stupid stuff claiming that farha has aces, but he has the best hand. He talks soo much and is sooo arrogant in believing his hand is best but still checks the river, in which Farha scared to death checks behind because Gold is a smack talking maniac.
They flip over the cards in which Gold claims to have known the whole time, yet he can't lay down kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't what happened, though i'm sure most of you have figured that out by now.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:43 PM

I [censored] hate Jamie Gold, not only is he HORRIBLE at poker, but he's a [censored] douchebag and extremely annoying

That hand just tilted me too much to play any more poker today [censored] you Jamei Gold
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate Jamie Gold, not only is he HORRIBLE at poker, but he's a [censored] douchebag and extremely annoying

[/ QUOTE ]

Hay, he only lost 500k in probably 12 hours. LOL btw they only play 9 hands an hour.