Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 AM

Default overpair in tough spot

20-40 10 handed live

The game is VERY good. All villains are terrible players. H/J is a 10-20 player taking a shot. He plays in a typical weak 10-20 way. (playing almost every hand, NEVER raises preflop, almost never bets/raises post flop, but calls down with anything, including back-door draws with undercards in small pots. Button is a weak loose/passive player. BB is loose/semi-aggressive player with a tendency to overplay his hands.

H/J open limps, Hero raises in c/o with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button cold calls 2, BB and limper call.

The flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
It is checked to hero who bets, button raises, BB calls 2 cold, limper folds, hero calls.

The turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button bets, BB calls.

Hero?
Plan for a blank river?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: overpair in tough spot

Well if you call turn and river blanks how could you ever fold.

BB doesn't seem very loose or semi aggressive.

That said this pot isn't huge and there's a chance we're beat twice. Fold turn.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Raise just for fun.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:19 AM

The way you played this hand you have to call the turn, and most river cards if its checked to button who bets.

I definatly 3 bet the flop here. You've got the best hand here way too often. What hands does villain call a raise w/that contain a 6? Very few. Since he didn't 3 bet you pf you can rule out JJ-AA and likely TT too. Villain has a draw or a weaker PP here a lot of the time. Limper could have anything but most likely has a flush draw, strait draw, or 3. The other nice thing about 3 betting the flop is that it makes the rest of the hand easier to play. If we 3 bet the flop and lp hj c/r's the turn, he's got a 6. If we 3 bet and button calls and raises a blank turn he's got the 6
Old 11-17-2007, 04:03 PM

I guess I played the turn fine as out of the 3 responses I got 1 fold, 1 call, 1 raise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That usually means neither action is particularly atrocious.
OK. I called.

The river is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The flush draws never got there but a straight draw did.
45s is certainly in button's and BB's range.

Hero checks, button bets, BB calls rather quickly.
Now, I don't normally overcall but I really hate when the caller wins with a weaker hand than mine after I fold. I think I am beat but my expectation in the game is fantastic if I continue playing well. Should I sacrifice another BB to tilt-proof myself on an odd chance that 8s are good?