Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 1 Vicodin, 1 Xanax, 1 Massage Chair: Mini-TR, SFW pics + bonus of

Lol I saw a infomercial for the DRX9000 the other day and just assumed it was some kind of scam because it was in an infomercial. I'm jealous of your vicodin/xanax combo.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, I saw vicodin, Xanax, massage, and Howard Beale so I expected a massage parlor trip report with a happy ending of another kind. How disappointing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Though I am looking forward to the occasion where I try this.

I hope your sciatica gets better sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true
Old 11-16-2007, 06:01 AM

Howard, I would suggest trying to get norcos. They have a lot less acetaminophen than vicodin. The vicodins you are currently taking have 750 mg of acetaminophen and the 10 mg vicodins have 660 mg. If you are taking more than one pill a day for a prolonged period of time, it can have an adverse effect on your liver and stomach. The norcos come in 7.5 and 10 mg of hyrdocodone and each of them only contains 325 mg of acetaminophen.

Mind you, I'm not a doctor and could be way off base here. But when ever I get a sinus infection (which for me last a week and are accompanied by severe pain), my doctor is usually hesitant to prescribe me anything with high doses of acetaminophen. Just tell your doctor you are concerned about consuming large amounts of acetaminophen.

Oh, one more thing. My dad slipped a disc in his back when he was in his late 30s (doing dead lift). He had surgery and physical therapy and was still in a lot of pain, especially his sciatic nerve. He then found this book Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain and he's doing way better. Aside from minor pains that come with age, he's now way more active than a typical 50 year old.

The book's quite interesting. It basically says that because of the sedentary lifestyles that we live (as opposed to the very active ones we were built for) our bodies have gotten way out of alignment creating all kinds of painful ailments. This book will fix that.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:43 AM

Howard,

sciatica is rough man. I was around 15 years old, my dad had just been ambulanced to the ER for back surgery, finding out that he had been suffering from sciatica and it was only getting worse (he couldn't even stand at this point) Well, 3 years later, and 3 surgeries later, and his leg is still numb from the scar tissue.

To get back to my point, I was 15, and while standing in his hospital room, I felt some pain in my leg. I ignored it for a month, talked to my mom, talked to the pediatrition...6 months and maybe 5 doctors later the neurologist told me I had sciatica (along with a congenital stenosis in my spine) and my L5 disc or whatever was herniated.

I did about 5 months of physical therapy, three times a week, with absoulutely no improvement.

After so many nights of extreme pain (wtf, I was never offered vicodin) we went back to my normal doctor and he said "well...I know this chiropractor, I trust him like a father." I hesitate to mention this, because of how biased people are against chiropractors, but:

After the 3rd visit (I was going three times a week at this point) I had gotten some temporary relief. They can usually fix the spine in 6-12 weeks. Mine took much longer, I went to him for, well, maybe two years, improving slightly all the time.

I can say now that I am lying here, on my back, and not in the god damn fetal posistion that I had to sleep in for over a year (opens up the spinal canal giving room to the nerves) in no pain whatsover, and I hardly feel a twinge of anything, ever. I still go back to him once every few months (whenever I'm in NY) if only because he became a friend (also because he helps me with other stuff - some nerve problems in my hand, whatev)

So when I started going to him, my dad, the MD scoffed it off, chiropractic is a joke. Meanwhile, he's had 3 surgeries and still has numbness in his leg. He knows I'm cured, and still refuses to go to the chiropractor. I mentioned this to Dr. Jacobs (my chiropractor) and he said he had a woman that had had 3 surgeries and he fixed her scar tissue in a matter of months.

My point here is, don't rule out chiropractic, I cannot speak highly enough of it, if you find a good doctor. . That spine-strechy machine is very important. The real key is finding a DC that does "cox" manipulation, on a special table.

Anyways, sorry for the long/serious post, but chiropractic really helped me, I was at an 8-9 on the pain scale, going through high school like that was terrible, and Dr. Jacobs cured me. Again, I can't speak highly enough.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:46 AM

By the way, for very temporary relief, ice packs on your lower back/ass/entire leg can help a bit. Those nerves are enflammed sir. Cool 'em down!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: 1 Vicodin, 1 Xanax, 1 Massage Chair: Mini-TR, SFW pics + bonus offer.

I'm glad your using the DRX9000 to resolve your disc herniation. I have a DRX in my office and could not be happier with the results we are seeing.

Low back surgery is an option of last resort. Most neurosurgeons I know tell me they'd never undergo low back surgey themselves.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard, I would suggest trying to get norcos. <snip> Just tell your doctor you are concerned about consuming large amounts of acetaminophen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some dental surgery and I was prescribed vicoprofen, which is hydrocodene with ibuprofen. The hydrocodene is 7.5 mg with these, so just tell him you need the stronger ones because the 7.5 mg just didn't quite do it for the pain.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM

we've come a long way since, the autosuck.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 PM

If you're looking at a long term regiment for easing your pain, you might want to try and find something other than narcotics. If you're already needing to jump from the 7.5mg to the 10mg hydrocodone, do you start taking percosets next?

Painkillers are great and all, but it's a slippery slope if you're taking them daily. Even hydrocodone can whip up a nasty withdrawel in a short period of time.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking at a long term regiment for easing your pain, you might want to try and find something other than narcotics. If you're already needing to jump from the 7.5mg to the 10mg hydrocodone, do you start taking percosets next?

Painkillers are great and all, but it's a slippery slope if you're taking them daily. Even hydrocodone can whip up a nasty withdrawel in a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 6 treatments on that machine (plus I 'live' in that massage chair and it seems to be helping) I haven't had to take the Vicodin for a while so I'm not worried. My 'trip' was a couple of weeks ago but I waited to post because I already had the 'Sex with the teacher?' thread going and I don't like to be over-active on the forum. Thanks for the warning though.