Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 AM

Default AKo .5/1 Scary multiway board.

Running pretty bad, so I'm probably a little more likely to be flighty here.
CO is a 64/14/1.29 over 74 hands and
Button is a 28/8/2.4 over 72 hands.

I'm thinking river might have been a call just because the pot was so huge, but I'm really not sure how to play this here.

Button can be pretty tricky. Started donking a lot of flops vs. me but quit when I started calling him down. Did it with top pair in position when he 3-barreled.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

One more question, does anyone here datamine FT? I open the tables up and run pokertracker, but for some reason the hands aren't importing like they used to. Did they change the software?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: AKo .5/1 Scary multiway board.

Cap the flop for value and hopefully to drive BB out. I expect you have the best hand most of the time. Either way you got the backdoor NFD, straight, Ace probably improves as well. None the less, cap for value and protection. Or, could be chopping as well.

Obv like the worst turn card in the deck. I'm not sure a Jack will scoop the pot at this point. You have awful position, stuck betwen a raising war. That 10 should slow CO down most of the time, right? Why would BB donk into a 3bet after not capping? I think he must have a straight or KT. Ugh. Maybe there is a fold but you really can't know CO is going to keep raising. Looks like he has 44 or something, idk. I'd just fold to the CO raise on the turn and be mad.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cap for value and protection

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it quite hard to protect when you're last to act on the 3-bet? Anyone calling 3 so far will definately call one more, right?

Turn we get stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm hard pressed to find a fold in a big pot but it sure looks like we're behind, drawing to 2 outs which might lead to a split, and..stuck in the middle of a bet and a raise.

Reads:
CO hasn't really been that aggressive post flop over the 74 hands you've seen and here he's 3-betting the flop. BB could be betting 2 diamonds on the flop but donking again on the turn he looks like he's actually hit something else (straight, 2P, set...).

Am I weak for wanting to fold the turn? Are we good often enough?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM

CO in this hand is most likely a calling station whose raise on the turn means you are absolutely behind. I don't have a problem with calling the raise on the turn because we have pot odds to do so closing the action. The river fold is tough but correct because the CO showed so much strength on the turn.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with calling the raise on the turn because we have pot odds to do so closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs and how do you count them?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM

grunch

You gave stats for button but I assume you mean BB.

I think you have to call the turn after it gets raised because you picked up the draw for the straight. Good fold on the river.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or QT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] were the only reasonable hands I could think of for BB to donk every street.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Grunge:
Button probably has a hand I think the river is a call hope nobody has a set or KQ.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM

This hand is obviously a trainwreck but I don't know that you did anything clearly wrong. I think I call the turn raise getting 14.5:1, but I can see folding because even if you hit a straight it may only be to a chop. Folding the river in a huge pot with TPTK is sad, but you're almost never good at this point. Ouch.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with calling the raise on the turn because we have pot odds to do so closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs and how do you count them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I count J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as full outs. In addition to those I think some of the time when we hit a king we are good. There is also a small chance that hitting ace or having the low card on board pair may give our hand a shot though I think that chance is negligible. I think the CO has two pair here and the BB has a pair and a draw (most likely a flush draw). Calling getting 14.5:1 we need only 3.5 discounted outs to a full pot and I think we have that here.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 PM

P.S. I would like to see results for this hand to see how wrong I am.