Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
Is SHannon SHorr like Taylor Caby? Who else posts under their real name besides coincided, suburban frat boys?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I think you mean conceited
Old 11-14-2007, 06:34 PM

when the passion is gone... it's probably time to move on
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't any good job require this anyway? This might be the worst few lines in any poker blog ever. Hes saying I really want to turn around my results, but I don't want to put in the time or the effort to become better.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point, but one of the hardest things about poker is that often variance rewards bad decisions so when you're reeling and in a downswing it's hard to get your bearings on what "correct" poker is. You learn the wrong lessons even if you're working hard at getting better.

Poker is such a tough game to win at consistently when you see different top players winning with completely different styles of play. It drove me nuts when I tried to do it full-time and I finally realized I could never wake up in the morning knowing I had to win at poker to eat. I admire you guys who can stay in it, though.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I probably should dedicate more time to reading/studying the game and players like some guys do. I just don't want to invest any more time into this stupid game than I already do."

Doesn't any good job require this anyway? This might be the worst few lines in any poker blog ever. Hes saying I really want to turn around my results, but I don't want to put in the time or the effort to become better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought also. I would say in poker, unless you plan to kill 300-600 NL, a player put in less hours then in any other job. Multitable 2-3 hours per day and read/write 2+2 1h per day. Not much IMO
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Shannon Shorr is but I just read the bio on his blog and he seems like some random guy who went on a hot streak in tournaments and is now being pulled back into reality because he's realized he's not as good at poker as he originally thought. Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a douche and thinks he's better than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is an awesome dude and is completely laid back, chill and fun to hang out with. I don't know why you would say that about him, other then maybe you've never met him and just felt like making some random judgment on teh internets.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

lol Feltin Licter is the biggest jealous hater ever. I always get a kick out of people who knock frat guys too. Has anyone ever heard anyone who actually was in a frat regret their experience? No, they all have a great time and make a bunch of great friends. Jealousy is a bitch.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Who was it that said, "Son you're still young, so do yourself a favor and dont waste your whole life playing this stupid game...."
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I probably should dedicate more time to reading/studying the game and players like some guys do. I just don't want to invest any more time into this stupid game than I already do."

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with you with the good, sensible posts lately?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 PM

I am close friends with Shannon and we were roomates this summer. I have seen first hand how much of a struggle playing at such a high level can be. He is an amazing player, but like most people that are great at something he holds himself to a very high standard and is too hard on himself.

I think its commendable that Shannon is able to be honest in his blog about what he is going through, too many poker players lie about their results to protect their ego. Say what you want about Shannon, but he has had more success playing poker then most people that read this forum, so think twice before you judge.

-Jerry
Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM

my guess is that he's been sober more, but idk could be wrong