Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Jacks on the button

Could I have done anything different here?

Thanks for your input

Everest Poker Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP3 ($19.65)
CO ($48.75)
Button ($25.05) (Hero)
SB ($26.05)
BB ($47.25)
UTG ($57.93)
UTG+1 ($20.75)
UTG+2 ($67.61)
MP1 ($43.00)
MP2 ($54.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls,

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 5BB )
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls,

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 7BB )
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls,

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 9BB )
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls,
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Jacks on the button

welcome to the forums.

You have 4 posts today and not one of them gives a read or stats on your opponents. One of the keys to a good hand post is to give information about your opponent(s) so we, the forum members, can use if it applicable to help identify the best EV plays. If you really dont have reads then at least say so so you that you dont get people asking if you have them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What I suggest is that if you have reads that you post them and if you didnt have reads them you probably should work on playing more than just your two cards...this might mean playing less tables or just focusing more on the action at the table.

it also pays to explain your thought process in hands like this....dont worry about being wrong...it happens ... and it just so happens that many of us here in the micros have learnt the most when we royally screwed up our thought process (Even if we happen to hit the right button)

so in this vein...what was your thinking on the turn? what hands do you put him on etc etc?
edit: after looking at some of the posts youve replied it I think youll be able to do this without too many problems.

ozi
Old 11-11-2007, 01:40 AM

Villain called from early position so I though he had at least a couple face cards or maybe a pocket pair. I don't think that I should be afraid of a 4x in this situation unless he maybe had A4s some might call in early position at this table with that.

I think I have to call it to the river here..until I see a straight or flush possibility.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 AM

grunch

I would raise the turn and call down if he 3 bets.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 AM

Grunch

Without a specific read on villain, I'd call it down. You might be beat but you have an overpair and he didn't reraise you on the flop so maybe he had overs or a lower over pair.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:24 AM

Looks good to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd play it the same way.