Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: A5s would you have done things different?

raise flop ultra standard please

this passive slowplay stuff will work every once in a while...most of the time with so many callers and when a scare card hits the board the lead bettor will abandon and you will only get 1 bet in on the turn anywho. Play the flop fast, hope you butt heads with a set or two pair or whatever.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. I don't get this sudden passiveness on the flop from the micro board. You are missing some value!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I may have gotten more value from it this way? Instead of getting 1BB from each player and having them c/c the rest of the way I got 2BB from them on the turn, gaining an extra SB from each player?

[/ QUOTE ]

This time you did, but consider all the sorts of things that can happen on the turn to make BB freeze up or make the other players fold on the turn:

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that maybe even a Q/J/T/9 might make BB go into check-call mode with 4x...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Yeah I see now. This particular time it worked out, but in the future ill play it standard and raise the flop.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, what happens if BB bets on the turn and everybody folds to you? Now you raise (get SB out) and are HU with BB, who you won't be able to get that much value out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bellatrix hit the nail on the head here. We know that they will very likely call on the flop; we don't know that they will still be around for a turn raise.

This is what I was attempting to get at in my original post, when I wrote: "You have four people in front of you who are all likely to call your raise. Get their money while they're still in the pot!"
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM

grunch

I might raise th flop because if a heart falls it might kill any turn action. Although it might get someone to raise their smaller flush so I guess it could go either way.
I don't think calling here, with this hand, on the button is a leak.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much the perfect flop, already have the straight, with the nut flush and straight flush draw. I thought about raising, but I thought if I just call the same action might take place on the turn and I can raise the entire field then.

[/ QUOTE ]
you won't get unpaired hands to put in bets on the turn often, but 98o basically always calls another bet on the flop.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 PM

raise the flop

the rest is fine