Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: why are the games on fulltiltpoker dissapearing?

I don't know about the higher stakes games but it seems like the casual player pool is drying up on the lower stakes NLHE games. I see lots of the same 6-8 tabling regulars at the low stakes games and few single table novices.

For one, a lack of regular bonuses hurts, I'm sure it would keep lots of marginal players from busting quicker. Inability for existing accounts to get rakeback doesn't help. Being able to get rakeback may keep some of the breakeven players from leaving for other sites.

Additionally FTP's rake at lower stakes games seems to be somewhat high, a breakeven or marginal winner in the NL10 -NL50 games is probably a loser with rake especially if they're not playing with rakeback.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Just think about it. Two years ago all my friends who were casual (donk) players played online. They watched the WPT and the WSOP and were excited about poker. They played on Party and a couple other sites.

Now...with all the difficulty of depositing and the other legal b/s NONE of them play online anymore.

And everyone's wondering why the games are drying up...
Old 11-07-2007, 06:25 PM

I've just had an idea, why not deposit and play at Party Poker like I do occasionally?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 PM

The lack of monthly bonuses, UIGea
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM

Gnomes.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just think about it. Two years ago all my friends who were casual (donk) players played online. They watched the WPT and the WSOP and were excited about poker. They played on Party and a couple other sites.

Now...with all the difficulty of depositing and the other legal b/s NONE of them play online anymore.

And everyone's wondering why the games are drying up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing live at Venetian today...3 guys at my end of table wont play online...2 due to Absolute scandal(to them it is confirmation online poker is rigged...)the other guy had no idea how to fund a site from the USA now....doesnt bode well
Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 PM

does anyone know how global full tilt's player base is, as compared to pokerstars, for example? Like, is the UIGEA actually a viable reason the games are drying, or could we rule this out because of new players depositing from countries other than the US?

If that were true, then we could conclude that US players *were* the biggest fish, and now with their withdrawal from the tank, games would become more difficult on average.

I've never seen statistics on the percentage of players per site based on their nationality, seems like that would be something interesting to look at, and could give us something to statistically estimate/determine if a quantifiable effect of the uigea exists.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM

I play in a home tourney monthly and I am the ONLY ONE that plays online. Everyone seems to think it illegal to play online and these are educated financially secure people who play bad and have a lot of money to lose. If I have 30 or so people in a home game that used to play but no longer do, how many thousands more are out there thining the same way?

And as far as FT goes, take a look in the internet gambling forum every once and a while. Every day there is a new thread about how FT did this and FT did that, bad customer service, confiscations of de moniez, account closures etc...

If the people really cheated they got what they deserved but it still seems like a high volume of problems at FT.

On the flip side last night PS had over 110000 players online at about 8pm US eastern time. I think a lot of players have deserted FT and Absoulte/UB for the excellent customer service and reputation of Pokerstars over all the other sites.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, click show full tables in bottom right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 PM

nobody gives a [censored] where you play jftr