Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When you are driving, and a cop pulls in behind you, do you feel:
Served and protected, or 2 13.33%
apprehensive? 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

not much content-

just got back from foxwoods, here's a mini trip report i guess. it was the WPT week, main event starts tomorrow (thank god i didn't allow myself to throw away 10k for that). i got there saturday played 10-25 for like 20hrs, ran like dog [censored], dropped 5k, slept for like 16hrs or something, then retardedly decided to playthe $5k tourney. obviously busted from that after a few hours. then went back to the poker room and played 10-25 and then 25-50 for a while and ended up winning some back and finishing down 4k on the trip.

i got to play with some semi famous pros like john robert belland, vanessa rousso, david pham, kathy leibert, bill gazes, and of course the great samoleous.

JRB was probably the biggest joke of a "pro" i've ever seen. the first night i was there he was playing the big game which was 50-100nl and was getting crushed. i heard he dropped like 40k or something stupid in it, due to tons of bad beats according to him. i also heard a rumor that he owed ppl money and was being backed at fw and they were confused why he was playing that big. anyway, after the 10-25 game broke on monday night, he and david pham came over to my 25-50 game that included me, samo, jeetorious and a couple other ok players...hilarity ensued
JRB opens Q2 and gets called by pham, Q102r flop, JRB bets out, DP raises to like 800, jrb makes it 1.6k more, dp shoves for 4k more jrb calls. jrb LOVES to do business when playing live so he obviously wants to do it here since he's down like 80k or something this week from cash games and is running so terrible blah blah blah. so they try to figure out what % DP is, someone shouts out 37% (which was wrong) and jrb offers dp 37% of the pot and they wouldn't deal out the turn and river, dp rejects the offer and they run it out, turn 6, river ace!
jrb begins to berate dp for a good 5 minutes- "david, how can you do that? you know me, you know how bad i've been running. i'm not putting it in there with nothing. what are you thinking with the king jack there? why do i keep getting it in good and losing? david, what were you thinking?" etc. all the while we cant stop lauging our heads off
he then brings out more cash (we all salivate) and the dealer doesn't deal him in by accident, he flips out again and just gets up and leaves. we later see him sitting at like 50-100 o8 or something looking completely dejected, i actually felt a bit sorry for him after that..though he was a huge dbag and annoying as hell.

despite losing $5k the trip was decent, meeting samo and sitting next to him and talking with him for like 20hrs at the table was pretty awesome. best part was when the 3 of us (with jeet) were at the end of the 20hr session and were all compeltely delusional and laughing at whatever anyone said.

few interesting hands or big pots were-
25-50 samo opens to $150 6 or 7handed, i call A9h in CO 2 other callers, 1042 all hearts flop samo leads $400 i call others fold, turn Qh he check calls $850, river 4, he checks i bet $1.8k, he asks how much i have behind. i puke then tell him ~5k, then i feel better after he goes into the tank, then tanks some more for over 5 minutes and then eventually folds telling me it was one of the tougher decisions he's ever had (i confused samoleous, wooo!), then he folded (sigh).

another hand, samo opens $150 i call A10s in CO, button who is antonio7 on stars (donk, imo) calls and another caller. Q6s7s flop samo leads $400 i call antonio insta calls, turn Js, sam checks i bet 1.1k antonio calls quickly so i know he has a flush like 95%, maybe a set, samo folds. river 2h or some brick, i lead 2.6k, antonio thinks for like a minute then folds Q5s face up...i got owned. unfortunately he wasn't very good at adding up live pots since there was like 4k in there and he said he folded the river bc i overbet...(sigh)

another hand (no i didn't hit the nut flush this time)
i open $200 with QQ no spade in CO sb and bb call (6 handed i think). 10s5c2s flop, checks to me i bet 400, hispanic guy who i played with a little earlier and liked to splash around c/r to 1200, i call. turn 3c, he leads out 2k quickly with about 6.5k behind, i think and call. river 5s, he leads out 2k again...i figure he has 10x once in a while and call and lose to A6s obv (sigh).

notes on the other "pros"-

kathy leibert is pretty gross, and just plain stupid agg. samo told me about a hand she played at 10-25 where i think there was only one raise preflop, and then on a AAQ flop she bet with KK, was raised by the "tightest player at the table", she reraised to like 4k or something, was RRd to 10k, and then she shoved for another 4k on top only to be shown AQ by the old guy. well played kathy

JRB, what can i say...guy is just a living joke it seems like. samo laid 25-1 with jeet that jrb wouldn't win survivor (which he is on right now, he's in the top 8 or something) and jeet accepted for $100. after playing with the guy and witnessing how he interacts with ppl, it's pretty obvious jeet was fleeced [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

vanessa rousso, hotter irl than some of the bad pics online, but nothing amazing. she always wears a hat and sunglasses too which makes it a bit tough to tell. she does suck at cash games though

bill gazes, always looks like he hasn't slept in days. he has a really hot gf though. he didnt play for long so cant comment on that

david pham, another stupid agg pro who just cant shut it down when he needs to. seems like it might be an ok style during parts of mtts which is probably why he does ok in them. lol@ him winning in cash games though

sry for the tl;dr
Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 AM

lllo lnice read
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 AM

Gary,
Nice read only thing is with AsTs why not c/r the river?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 AM

speaking of donkaments, who is going to vegas for the Five Diamond? I think I'll be there the 1st week of December for some of the smaller events, then idk what after.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gary,
Nice read only thing is with AsTs why not c/r the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
i was definitely considering it. he had about 4k left on the river i think and despite him being bad, i didn't think he'd call a river c/r against me with a low flush given how solidly i had been playing and how many big hands i'd shown (especially against him). i also thought he'd bet less than 2.6k if i checked. and i assumed (wrong i guess) that he would always call that with any flush

*and fwiw, (being results oriented and trusting his word) he said after the hand that he would have bet 1k himself and folded to a c/r
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 AM

good read, GS.

live poker is fun.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 AM

good stuff gary.

are most of these events filled with tv donks playing higher stakes?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good stuff gary.

are most of these events filled with tv donks playing higher stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
i cant speak for "most events" bc i turned 21 this year and have only been to wsop and this foxwoods wpt. but there weren't too many tv donks playing cash games, they came in and out a couple times. there were plenty of other donks to go around though
Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 AM

this month has been great, but wow this hand tilts me:

Full Tilt Poker Game #4094855989: Table Pron (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:12:09 ET - 2007/11/07
Seat 1: Im2Fast ($990)
Seat 2: Jeffmet3 ($3,403.85)
Im2Fast posts the small blind of $5
Jeffmet3 posts the big blind of $10
Jeffmet3 has been disconnected
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jeffmet3 [7d Td]
Im2Fast raises to $30
Jeffmet3 has reconnected
Jeffmet3 has 15 seconds left to act
Jeffmet3 calls $20
*** FLOP *** [Jd Tc 7s]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $40
Jeffmet3 calls $40
*** TURN *** [Jd Tc 7s] [4d]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $140
Jeffmet3 calls $140
*** RIVER *** [Jd Tc 7s 4d] [8d]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $210
Jeffmet3 raises to $3,193.85, and is all in
Im2Fast has 15 seconds left to act
Im2Fast calls $570, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $2,413.85 returned to Jeffmet3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jeffmet3 shows [7d Td] a flush, Jack high
Im2Fast shows [Qd 6d] a flush, Queen high
Im2Fast wins the pot ($1,979.50) with a flush, Queen high

and i really [censored] hate fulltilt for taking away my chat. i can't wait until any other site offers the games/software that they do. I'll be gone and never come back again. Such a poorly run business, its amazing
Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this month has been great, but wow this hand tilts me:

Full Tilt Poker Game #4094855989: Table Pron (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:12:09 ET - 2007/11/07
Seat 1: Im2Fast ($990)
Seat 2: Jeffmet3 ($3,403.85)
Im2Fast posts the small blind of $5
Jeffmet3 posts the big blind of $10
Jeffmet3 has been disconnected
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jeffmet3 [7d Td]
Im2Fast raises to $30
Jeffmet3 has reconnected
Jeffmet3 has 15 seconds left to act
Jeffmet3 calls $20
*** FLOP *** [Jd Tc 7s]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $40
Jeffmet3 calls $40
*** TURN *** [Jd Tc 7s] [4d]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $140
Jeffmet3 calls $140
*** RIVER *** [Jd Tc 7s 4d] [8d]
Jeffmet3 checks
Im2Fast bets $210
Jeffmet3 raises to $3,193.85, and is all in
Im2Fast has 15 seconds left to act
Im2Fast calls $570, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $2,413.85 returned to Jeffmet3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jeffmet3 shows [7d Td] a flush, Jack high
Im2Fast shows [Qd 6d] a flush, Queen high
Im2Fast wins the pot ($1,979.50) with a flush, Queen high

and i really [censored] hate fulltilt for taking away my chat. i can't wait until any other site offers the games/software that they do. I'll be gone and never come back again. Such a poorly run business, its amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you raise turn? And my chat is gone too - but I think i'm getting it back soon. But it is super annoying to play HU w/o chat.
Closed Thread