Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Default How ZeeJustin Did it?

Im not gonna try to blame him for cheating, but i am curious how he successfully cheated... I mean, he basically made multiple accounts and played together... but he still had to pay multiple buy ins.... so when he lost, it hurt his Bankroll much more... anyone know how many accounts he used, or how he cheated?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: How ZeeJustin Did it?

yes he did pay multiple buyins but when he won it more thn covered the loss obviously. You didn't think he might just stop if he stopped winning?

And how he did it iirc there was a flaw in Party Poker software regarding clicking quickly to open multiple applications. But I really don't know why you couldn't search for these answers
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 AM

Well, that's the thing i wanted to know...he said he was playing in tournaments that were only bigger than 500+ players.... so im kinda wondering how him having only 3 or 4 accounts would have helped him "cheat".... most of the time he wouldnt even have 2 accounts at the same table.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Well assuming he is above the average skill level (which he is/was) having a second or third chance to get to the FT where the payout's go up so much steeper would mean much more than just having more accounts. It really was ingenious at the time but a normal MTT player doing it I doubt would have much benefit to them.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, that's the thing i wanted to know...he said he was playing in tournaments that were only bigger than 500+ players.... so im kinda wondering how him having only 3 or 4 accounts would have helped him "cheat".... most of the time he wouldnt even have 2 accounts at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, there are only x numbers of high buy-in tournaments with huge fields. So, if you have 4 entries into said tournament, and lets say your ROI is 100%, you have a 400% ROI for the tournament whereas other good players who are playing only have a 100% ROI. It has nothing to do with chip dumping and everything to do with having a better shot than everyone else at going deep because ultimately luck plays a large part no matter how good you are. I mean, if all the good players played 5 accounts instead of 1, a field of 10% good players would then be like almost 40% good players, so when people multi account the field is tougher.

Also, given the vast number of people who have gotten caught/admitted to doing this, and the god only knows how many people who have done it and not gotten caught, I think bringing up ZJ when discussing this is kinda rude and silly.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Imagine how much more a good tournament player would expect to make playing the Stars mil over 250 tournaments compared to 50 tournaments. This is how much is being removed from that poker economy in a year when a good player is playing 5 entries instead of one.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 PM

OP - the other 'advantage' that he had was that he could take some bigger risks early, as he knew that if he busted he still had a few accounts to play, and if he doubled, he'd have a big stack.

Dunk - don't think the OP was being rude / silly using ZJ as the example. For good or bad, his was the first 'high-profile' example of multi-accounting, so using him as the example to ask how it was advantageous seems reasonable to me.

OT
Old 10-21-2007, 12:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, there are only x numbers of high buy-in tournaments with huge fields. So, if you have 4 entries into said tournament, and lets say your ROI is 100%, you have a 400% ROI for the tournament whereas other good players who are playing only have a 100% ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 12:50 PM

yeah i guess that kind of makes sense... and i didnt mean to "point out" ZJ, but thats the only case i could think of.

My point is this... Do u think that playing on multiple accounts would help him get into the money more often? I mean, even if he did make it into the money... unless he final tabled or whatnot, he probably makes back just enough to cover his buyins. so im still wondering how he was able to make money
Old 10-21-2007, 12:53 PM

If you dont understand at this point then you prob never will

/thread