Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Default River bluff?

I have been posting a couple of times in the micro section, but have recently been playing 6 max exclusively, so here's my first post

i had no stats on villain but my read at time of the hand was that of a loose-passive. i had sb marked as passive and not too tricky

I doubt I have the best hand at the river. Should I bet nevertheless?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: River bluff?

Flop peel is pretty marginal. All of your outs are severely tainted. I guess it's okay though; with no BDFD it's an easy fold IMO.

The turn CR is just bad. They're not folding (though lol @ SB), and you give up a chance of checkraising a flush on the river. On the river, easy checkfold. He won't fold a seven.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:22 PM

flop is a fold me thinks, turn c/r is bad into 2 villians
Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is a fold me thinks, turn c/r is bad into 2 villians

[/ QUOTE ]

the flop is an easy call.

The pot is giving you like 11-1, you will have the best hand sometimes, you can spike an A and get called down, you can turn a 15 outer.

Turn is lol.

river. you only were ahead of a flush draw on the turn, it hit the river, c/f time.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:12 AM

sorry to be harsh, but i seriously doubt you can be a winning player at 2/4 if you even contemplate a turn c/r in this hand in a protected pot with two passive players.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:09 AM

There is no reason to bet this river.

You can't bluff this profitably, especially against an unknown who will generally err on the side of calling.