Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Late night talk host.- Who\'s the best?

[ QUOTE ]
leno seems like a nice guy who is sort of corny. Conan is a goofball. Remember when he did that thing with Andy, where they looked into the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conan still does this, pretty frequently actually. He just uses his guest for the night instead of Andy. I love "in the year twooo thousaaaaand"
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM

Conan is by far the best. He isn't as rigid as Letterman and doesn't feel as scripted as Leno. Also, he did an entire episode in claymation. Or how about the one where the entire studio audience was under the age of 9. Great stuff.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Letterman by far. His humour is far more in line with mine. Leno is really cheesy and Conan is just annoying, like he thinks the louder he talks the funnier he is. Dave seems really laid back, dark humour. And I like his banter with Paul..
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 AM

I like the fact that Dave is laid back. I just think sometimes his banter with Paul is pretty dumb.

I get the impression that both Dave and Leno are tired of interviewing people. Watching them pretend to be interested in the questions that they are asking is painful.

Like last night when Leno was interviewing Reese Witherspoon. The questions he asked her were just going nowhere.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like last night when Leno was interviewing Reese Witherspoon. The questions he asked her were just going nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]Complimented on the way she looks/talked about some odd family/friend story/small talk seasoned with a bit of dry humor?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:52 AM

I rarely watch Leno but I agree that Letterman seems tired of it all.

However, his interview of Paris Hilton a few days ago was as good as anything from the old days. He made her squirm.

Clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSxHYK_wfs
Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM

The only thing I hate about Letterman (and the reason I didn't watch his show for years) is Paul Shafer. I absolutely hate him. He ruins the show for me. All those stupid little intermission songs... makes me want to throw [censored] at the TV. The banter between Paul and David is fine... but the songs... OMG why.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM

I think they're all pretty bad. They make the same tired jokes and have really bad bits. None of them can hold a candle to the real comedic geniuses like Johnny Carson or George Carlin.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM

George Carlin didn't host a talk show and Carson seems tremendously overrated. I watched him daily for many years and don't think I ever laughed at a single joke in one of his monologues, and everybody else I know had the same experience. It was actually somewhat amazing, as if he were going for a world record or something. That saying that even a busted clock is right twice a day comes to mind. But with Johnny, his monologues were never funny. He was okay as a host, though, but often struck me as a little removed, and at times seemed to barely pay attention to this guests and not be too respectful to non-celebrity guests. He could also be very cold to comics.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Letterman all the way. His at times "odd" humor just works for me. Conan is also pretty good, and I'll admit I also like Jimmy Kimmel at times. Leno, though? Ugh.....