Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Default 50 NL: Rockets with some apparent donks who like their hands too

No real history but the bet-sizing implies to me that this guy isn't very good.

I was hoping for a big check-raise on the turn but his bet size just absolutely killed me.

I'm most interested in thoughts on bet-sizing (preflop and turn) and the initial action on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($79.40)
CO ($25.75)
Button ($51.15)
Hero ($73.35)
BB ($37.95)
UTG ($53.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $5.50.

Flop: ($20.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, Button calls $12.

Turn: ($44.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30.15</font>, Hero calls $0.14.

River: ($104.80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $104.80
Old 10-13-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: 50 NL: Rockets with some apparent donks who like their hands too

You are so horribly beat.
Why didnt you bet the turn?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are so horribly beat.
Why didnt you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]why r we so horribly beat?!?!!??! wtf??? if u think we r beat why would we bet the turn??? ur advice makes no sense to me???

i think we r fine and i shove the turn all day. the turn is a good card for u as u now r ahead of T9 too. so all u lose to is TTT and 999. he can have 99+ AT T9 and who knows what else. this is fine altho i prefer to just shove the turn so if he had a oesd or sumtin weird we dont give him a free card to hit

EDIT
preflop my 4 bet is either a shove or sumtin bigger then 9. that is WAY to small imo. make it like 14 or sumtin like that if u wanna 4 bet that isnt a shove altho i shove this most of the time.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:53 PM

how is he beat? this is an overpair from the fish 90% of the time.

Sure he probably showed up with 1010 here but I think this is fine. ESPPECIALLY ESPECIALLY considering the fish 3bet pre
Old 10-13-2007, 08:53 PM

bet/calling turn is fine too
Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Turn is fine. If you got stacked by TT, cooler, move on. Villain is unlikely to be on a draw, and is most likely in the JJ-KK range firmly on a pair. AK/AQs is a slight possibility in diamonds, though your reckless type is more likely to go ahead and push the flop with that anyway. Villain's 3bet size, though stupid in the extreme, is hardly material to anything except that faint dinging sound you hear in the background. That sound that smells a beat coming but there's nothing you can do about it. If he checks, you can put in some bet on the river and they'll be more likely to call with their JJ-KK thinking you've got AK and making some desperate move. Betting turn is fine too.

PF though, 4bet size is pretty rank -- push and you might get someone to call with JJ/TT thinking you have AA. Doesn't always work, but any real 4bet is going to commit you or them anyway. Whichever way you feel your particular opponents view you and view themselves and a 3bet size -- if pot size is good to commit them, or push is. I guess you have to guess whether they're contrarians or not.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 PM

"- push and you might get someone to call with JJ/TT thinking you have AA"

oRLY?
did you mean ace king
Old 10-13-2007, 09:57 PM

Yeah definitely make your 4-bet 14.

Also I don't think I've ever seen a donkey who 3-bets and folds to a 4-bet. Donkeys usually aren't capable of 3-betting with nothing, so when he 3-bets (even if it's a signature donkey min-raise) it means he loves his hand and he isn't laying it down. This doesn't necessarily mean he has KK. It simply means he isn't laying it down. So don't be afraid to put in a good sized 4-bet or even shove and he'll probably call with 99 or whatever - though I like the 4-bet to 14 better than the shove.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:04 PM

preflop, the bet size seems a little awkward - we want him committed if he catches a little anything on the flop. 12+ works here.
bet more on the flop, lots of draws - 3/4 pot.
turn - dont check, too many draws though i actually like a c/r on the turn once in a while when the board is totally dry as it reps AK and lets agro opponents put more money in the pot with marginal holdings either on the turn or river.