Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 50k HU Tourney

you guys could have an auction for the byes. doubt people would actually want that but it'd be interesting for the rest of us.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if it should be obvious but you don't have many posts and your name doesn't ring a bell , who are you again evanski?

[/ QUOTE ]
evanski is old school and definitely quality. played/plays high stakes on UB, I believe.

edit: also, do you guys have views on which 8 people get to play? assuming we get more than 8 people interested? that may not happen, but if it does, i actually think a random choice would be more fair than a first come first served selection because people might have been notified at different times, playing the WSOP, etc.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Evanski is one of the greatest hu players never talked about. Maybe because he decides to join random skins and play insane weak 25-50 games there, a la tmhpoker or the tain network. He's also a genius.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM

I'd like to play.

Structures sound good.

I think there's gotta be some way to play it with between 8 and 16.

What about for those who get 1st round byes, their 2nd (1st) round matches start with 150bbs vs 300 for those who already won a match.

It's not ideal, but I think it makes it much much closer in fairness than straight up byes.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM

not to get too crazy out of line here.. but why couldnt some sort of round robin type thing be setup if theres some number between 8 and 16? i mean, it is a 50k tourney, and everyone thats playing it it can multitable, so why cant everyone just play the other once on 3-4 tables or whatever, then figure out ratings, and set up some final matches? sound like too much?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to get too crazy out of line here.. but why couldnt some sort of round robin type thing be setup if theres some number between 8 and 16? i mean, it is a 50k tourney, and everyone thats playing it it can multitable, so why cant everyone just play the other once on 3-4 tables or whatever, then figure out ratings, and set up some final matches? sound like too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be sick, and twp is a fairly smart guy, i'm sure plenty of people have experience with tournaments like this. seems like if we had like 12 or something you could do two heats of 6, have everyone play each other (multiple at a time too like you said) and just take the top two records from each division, ties broken by winner against each other, etc.

shouldn't be too hard to figure out if someone thinks about it
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM

there are a million options. if you get 12 you could do 4 groups of 3, round robin, first round. then winners of each group advance to semi-finals. or whatever. I guess we can address that issue when we have a final count on who wants to play.

At least let's see if anyone has any objections to 3x200bb until finals and then 5x200bb final. And random seeding/matching for whichever format we end up using.

And current list of players is:
Gift of Gab
durrrr
Alaei
TheMightyZep
evanski
Stinger
cts
admo
jman

And I have emails into both FTP and Stars asking to even just have an admin except 50K+juice transfers and then handle payouts at the end, as a bare minimum, but have not gotten any positive feedback yet. So if anyone has pull anywhere, please let me know.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Yeah, thought something similar. Don't intend to play, yet.

3-table first round matches, 8 players, divisions of 4.

Count by table wins.

Winners of division to final.

So you could have 8, 10, 12, room for expansion if this isn't an one-off.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM

twp, im in if its not some silly structure. i want to actually get some play out of this and get to play more than just 1 person. id like to wait until a structure is set up to decide if im in or not, but if its setup like some kinda round robin with top level advancing or whatever, where you get a lot of play out of this, im in.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Pretty sure I'll be rooting for Admo regardless of who else plays