Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 07-29-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: 50k HU Tourney

I'd like to play but I may not have time to. When the dates/times are set I'll know for sure.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM

Well, after 50ish emails to FTP and Stars, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. I have sent one final email to Stars requesting a final yes/no from them, but I'm not hopeful. So, in light of the timing, I propose that we go forth with a self-escrowing solution. Ideally, I'd like to have people not playing escrow but given the large sums of money, that may not be possible. Personally, I would trust several of the people playing with 50K of my own money, but that's not really that important, I guess.

So, I think there are two options. 1 - no escrow: everyone just pays money when they lose to the winner and we work out the amounts so that the final payouts are as we designate or 2 - escrow: we'd have to see how much we're comfortable with anyone escrowing (100k? 200k?) and then line up enough escrows to handle the money. Easiest might be if there were, say, 2-4 people playing in the tourney that everyone else completely trusted with large sums of cash and they could just hold all of the money for the tourney.

Any comments appreciated, particularly from people playing in the tourney. If you want the escrow option, volunteer yourself or suggest other names, and I'll contact them to set it up.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Just following up, PokerStars would probably help us if we would conform our tournament more closely to a normal tournament - no round robin, no best of three matches, etc. Guessing that no one is interested in that type of format, due to the high level of luck involved, we're going to have to handle the finances ourselves.

Please PM me or post in this thread, if people are still interested in playing, about how they would like things to go down.

- TWP
Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 AM

perky's in
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
perky's in

[/ QUOTE ]
awesome. what do people want to do about money, though? we can go no escrow, if people think it's going to be too hard to find escrow's for that much money and everyone trusts everyone, or else suggest some escrows that people trust, please. i mean, IMO, we could send all the money to durr or split it between durr and cts or whatever and then just have them pay people. but dont know if others would like that...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
perky's in

[/ QUOTE ]
awesome. what do people want to do about money, though? we can go no escrow, if people think it's going to be too hard to find escrow's for that much money and everyone trusts everyone, or else suggest some escrows that people trust, please. i mean, IMO, we could send all the money to durr or split it between durr and cts or whatever and then just have them pay people. but dont know if others would like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer escrow.

I trust durrrr and cts.

Also ppl should trust me.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 AM

how about aba? is he even in this thing?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM

Do people still want this to happen? Now that there is no PokerStars involved, there is no minimum of 8, I guess, but it would still be pretty ghetto with fewer I would think. But we have had serious interest from like 15 people over the course of this thread/PMs, so if people still want to play let's get confirmation on CTS, JMan, durr, and maybe one more as escrows and then get this thing going.