Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:29 AM

Default 2/5 NL *Super Deep*

2/5 Harrahs in Las Vegas. This hand happened in mid January but I remember it like it was yesterday, so action should be exacly right.

$500 Max buyin
Effective stacks:
Villain is UTG+2 with ~ $3500, he has been running out of this world hot, but seems to be a donk. (calling huge raises with gut shots and middle pairs and getting there)

Me: On the button with ~ $2800.

We have both been at the table for 12+ hours and I have been waiting to catch villain for his stack.

Preflop:
UTG limps
1 fold
Villain makes it $30 to go
Folds to Hero, I make it $110 with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Small blind calls
BB calls
UTG calls
Villain Calls

Pot ~ $550

Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks
BB checks
UTG checks
Villain moves in and covers table

Hero?

Insta call? Insta fold?

I went into the tank for a long while, someone eventually called time on me and the dealer counted me down. Villain is a moron, but is he really risking most of his huge stack with AK or AA? I ruled out the flush draw. Villain is bad, but he is not psychotic enough to push that much money in with a draw. I am 98% sure villain has either AA, AK, or KK. Can I really put ~ 5+ buyins and 500+ BB's in here? Is it ok to chicken out here?

Note: I have been opening alot of pots, but have rarely reraised preflop in the 12+ hours that villain has been at the table. He must think my reraise means big time strength, but he seemed to not care that the K came out. This was one of the factors that made me think so long.

This was the most difficult hand I have ever played. Like alot of people on the forum, most of my experience is online with 100 BB stacks. I'm fairly new to deep stack live play and not sure if I should be risking this deep of a stack with the non nuts.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:43 AM

Default Re: 2/5 NL *Super Deep*

You can always wait for a better situation. Why risk 5 buy-ins and 12+ hours if your not confident?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM

Ehm. Call.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:09 AM

you cannot distinguish KK from 22, and he could easily have AA... you need an absolutely sick physical read to lay this down... if you folded you suck (or you're usually good but were playing with scared money)... if you called and he had KK that's poker
Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 AM

Flip a coin.

Then call.

This is not a hand that 2+2 can give you any help on. You have middle set - if you want to fold, that's fine, if you want to call, that's fine too.

FWIW I would never play 33 this deep (I certainly wouldn't re-raise it but that's another story).
Old 05-06-2006, 10:28 AM

I had $2500 to my name at the time of this hand. I put $500 into play when I sat at this table. So in other words, I had half of my net worth in play on the hand. AND YES before anyone else posts, I was way above my bankroll and that played a part in this hand. Also I was living at the Golden Palm at the time. I highly recommend you stay there when u go to Vegas. LOL. Any vegas locals will appreciate how tongue in cheek this recommendation is.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 AM

CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL CALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCA LL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALLCALL
CALLCALLCALL
CALLCALL
CALL
Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 AM

Hehe. zeebo I appreciate just the time it took to make that post.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 AM

Here are some things to think about:
1. Why push all in if you have the nuts on the flop. granted the pot at the time was 500+ but if you were in the shoes of the villian would you not rather trap with trip K's?
2. What were you hoping for as far as a flop was concerned? quads? you hit your set and NOW you are afraid to push? doesn't make sense to me...You saw this chump was a chaser so even if you put him on AA or AKs he is on either top pair with nut flush potential or an overpair. You are still a big favourite to pull it out.

3. Has he pushed all in during that specific session? if so what is his history like? Does he push with top pair top kicker, does he bluff with crap? what situations did he push all in with? what did the boards look like? scare cards? flush drws??
4.Sounds like a familiar bully maniac type move to me! Call him.

Food for thought.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:50 AM

this is a dumb thread. you probably called and lost to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Closed Thread