Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: The guy that takes the joke one step too far

I think going to an event like a baseball game with cabn would be fun, even if there was a better than average chance that someone would try to kick our ass because of him.

This may fall slightly outside the scope of the OP, but I have a friend who is sometimes funny - he just fires out a ton of jokes and is fun to hang out with in general, but given the right stage he can really go nuts and have a lot more misses than hits. Compounding things, he is his own laugh track since he laughs at every joke he makes, perhaps in a suggestive manner. But when it's not funny I hate to play along and fake laugh and encourage him. So it does create a sort of awkward environment at times.

Worse yet, when he and another friend of ours meet up, it's like the Gatekeeper meeting the Keymaster, as they relentlessly try to one-up each other in the (bad) joke department. Like we'll be watching a sporting event at one's house and an announcer will make a slip-up and one of them has to be the first to pounce on it and make fun of it. This really gets messy when I or someone else is trying to tell a story and they incessantly interrupt the storyteller by cracking lame jokes and screwing up the flow. More than once I've simply yelled JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE [censored] UP AND LET HIM TALK, because there's no easier way to get the point across. So annoying.