Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

I have been reading this forum for about 6 months and this thread really bothers me. I know i don't have a lot of experience in big cash games but I have been in front of a television. The first time you are on T.V. can make you a little nervous..the lights, camera etc..All you guys bashing the tight players makes me sick to my stomach.
a) it might be there first time on T.V., there feeling a little nervous so they want to play tight for a while.
b) we don't see 4/5 of the hands because there is 7 commericals per episode so how do you know he is playing tight. He could be raising every other hand but just picking the pots up.
c) this table is playing so loose, that playing tight would be the most EV+ way to play.
Please stop bashing these players unless you have been in there shoes and expirenced such a feeling.
Lets see you go on television with greats such as Daniel Negreanu, Jennifer Harman, and company...
Another thing that bothers me is how you guys continue to bash Jamie Gold.. have u seen the plays/laydowns hes made in these last couple of episodes? What they have been showing on T.V. is some very great plays by Jamie... yet you guys continue to bash him.. Well i think I've said enough for my first post.. Good Luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 PM

how come all the guys who grind and win at mid/highstakes online (many of which can prolly make 100k/ year easy) say this game is not that hard.

And all the ppl who dont play online, or think HSP is a sick hard game, say online poker is soft?

Im gunna listen to the guys who make a living playing online poker, not the guys who play live and think they are the [censored] b/c they win vs idiots at 5/10NL in Vegas or w/e, but arent good enough b/c they dont play for a living.

BTW, jamie gold pwns.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 PM

How many results-oriented idiots (aka Steve Feraca) watched Jman/BA on Cash Poker? I think you might get a different impression if you looked at more than 5 hands either of them played in a cash game setting.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 PM

you cant have guys like stinky phil on the show its just bad television, it wouldn't be so bad to compensate for his nitty ways if he had one ounce of personality. zzzzz I cant wait til hes off.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If people haven't figured it out already, StephenNUTS is Jman's Stan

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9627237

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9807560

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9621697

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9583307

[/ QUOTE ]

Another jackazz punk follower that has the time to save posts about jman,that I actually forgot about....but were quite embarrassing to him in retrospect BTW,regarding his avatar/tourney/coaching challenge...lol

Why dont you stay on the subject of his pansie azz play on HSP,I mean he looked like a deer in the headlights for Christs sake?

Or maybe it was his "GALFOND" bucks strategy that didnt work on TV....lol?

What a joke

Later [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: there is a whole thread in NVG about Phil,where obviously I am not the only one who agrees about his passive non-balla play on HSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that was creeped out by reading those posts and then this reply?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If people haven't figured it out already, StephenNUTS is Jman's Stan

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9627237

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9807560

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9621697

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9583307

[/ QUOTE ]

Another jackazz punk follower that has the time to save posts about jman,that I actually forgot about....but were quite embarrassing to him in retrospect BTW,regarding his avatar/tourney/coaching challenge...lol

Why dont you stay on the subject of his pansie azz play on HSP,I mean he looked like a deer in the headlights for Christs sake?

Or maybe it was his "GALFOND" bucks strategy that didnt work on TV....lol?

What a joke

Later [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: there is a whole thread in NVG about Phil,where obviously I am not the only one who agrees about his passive non-balla play on HSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that was creeped out by reading those posts and then this reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have no idea what to make of it.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 AM

I think it time for you guys to let this go already,and give it up with your "reaching for anything defense"

After reading his numerous " I kiss the mirror" in the morning posts...his ridiculous avatar/tournament challenge where 20000 of his fanboys ACTUALLY had his goofy hat side-way picture on their Pokerstars avatar embedded with that dopey face......,and then his "I am going to be on HSP chest pounding brags".....for along time

I would say he did quite well at making a fool of himself.There are THREE separate threads with plenty of 2+2ers that agree 100%.....and I havnt seen ONE response from the almighty Jman himself defending himself yet

Believe me,if he made any sort of good showing,sick read,spoke a single funny word or line, instead of auto-folding like a mute ....just even ONE great play...he would have been on this forum chirping like a bird,with his fan club in tow

He [censored] sucked/choked bigtime...case closed!

EDIT:I have posted my thoughts on this thread alone.
Go over to NVG,as there are TWO separate threads tearing him up as well.It seems the easy/ONLY way out for you internet punks is to just fire away,making excuse after excuse, at anyone who disagrees...with NO viable defense in this situation whatsoever
Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 AM

steve you come off as a bigger dbag than Jman, let me tell you why:

all you do in 50% of your posts is TYPE IN CAP LOCKS AND YELL THINGS THAT 90% OF THEPPL DONT COMPREHEND

your a life nit, you care so much about others; even ppl you have never met.

you add little to the forum compared to Jman; he shares lots of HH's, like recently he posted a 20 hand+ transcript of a HU session vs ivey.

Lastky; he is a young kid. Doing stuff he does at his age is normal. You on the other hand, behave like you are 10 years younger than him, yet you prolly are 10 years older IRL...
Old 10-25-2007, 06:53 AM

You are right John V.

I should have recognized your last sentence much earlier myself...he IS a just a kid.

Sorry
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM

ur funny...