Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: question

Wook, services that retrieve data from busto hard drives can easily go north of $1000. It's not pretty. But your advice on plan of action is solid. Don't reformat until you absolutely have to.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM

Oh, one thing I forgot to note in my TR was the concept that my lab mates had the most difficulty with when it comes to basic poker playing. Checking. Most everyone, esp. LM3, couldn't really figure out when you had the option to check, and when you could only call, raise, or fold. There was a whole lot of open-folding, and there were plenty of attempts to check when already facing a bet. I think the option to check in the BB in a limped pot exacerbated things. It's easy to tell people that you can only check if there's been no money bet on a particular round, but all of a sudden here's someone checking preflop when there's a whole lot of money that has been put in.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I finally get a Royal Flush and I don't think I could play it worse. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not so. I don't think it was optimal, but it wasn't outrageously awful. Besides, you could have always played it worse; you could have check/called all the way down and then folded the river instead of checking behind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice report Wookie. Dont forget to remind them that you had to get lucky to win so theyll come back for more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

as an aside, is it just me or has it been rather slow in the micros in recent days/weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]
At least in my case, the little time I have for 2p2 now is mostly spent lurking in limit-&gt;NL. I can't be the only one.

And speaking of beer, I finally tasted my first batch of homebrew last night. It's a little on the bitter side, but it's not bad. In the end, I think it was worth the effort.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, one thing I forgot to note in my TR was the concept that my lab mates had the most difficulty with when it comes to basic poker playing. Checking. Most everyone, esp. LM3, couldn't really figure out when you had the option to check, and when you could only call, raise, or fold. There was a whole lot of open-folding, and there were plenty of attempts to check when already facing a bet. I think the option to check in the BB in a limped pot exacerbated things. It's easy to tell people that you can only check if there's been no money bet on a particular round, but all of a sudden here's someone checking preflop when there's a whole lot of money that has been put in.

[/ QUOTE ]

University, department and pics plz
Old 08-25-2007, 02:41 AM

thanks for the help wookie. I'll try that. Unfortunately, they do not have a copy of windowsXP as it was preinstalled. Hopefully my copy will work.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

Bellagio 15/30

Some woman openlimps in MP and the button raises. I 3-bet AA, the woman calls, and the guy 4-bets me. There's a 5-bet cap, so I take advantage of it and fire another one. The woman calls and the guy calls.

The flop is Kxx with a spade flush draw, I have the ace of spades, and the K is not a spade. I bet, the woman folds, the guy raises, and I take a moment to think about the situation. I've 3-bet him other times and most of the time he hasn't given me much trouble. There was that one time I 3-bet him with TT when he had KK and flopped a set on him, but even though he had an overpair to the board, he didn't give much action (bet-call, check-call, check-call).

So after my moment of thought, I realized that the most likely holding for him was KK, followed closely by AK, and I was probably screwed. Of course, being totally unable to fold an overpair in a monster pot, I elect to just call down and pray for an overplayed AK. The turn is a something, I check, he bets, and I call. The river is a spade, I check, he bets, and I call. He says "flush". I have a WTF moment as I look at the board and try to reconstruct the hand. He turns over KT spades and scoops the pot.

Oh well...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30

Some woman openlimps in MP and the button raises. I 3-bet AA, the woman calls, and the guy 4-bets me. There's a 5-bet cap, so I take advantage of it and fire another one. The woman calls and the guy calls.

The flop is Kxx with a spade flush draw, I have the ace of spades, and the K is not a spade. I bet, the woman folds, the guy raises, and I take a moment to think about the situation. I've 3-bet him other times and most of the time he hasn't given me much trouble. There was that one time I 3-bet him with TT when he had KK and flopped a set on him, but even though he had an overpair to the board, he didn't give much action (bet-call, check-call, check-call).

So after my moment of thought, I realized that the most likely holding for him was KK, followed closely by AK, and I was probably screwed. Of course, being totally unable to fold an overpair in a monster pot, I elect to just call down and pray for an overplayed AK. The turn is a something, I check, he bets, and I call. The river is a spade, I check, he bets, and I call. He says "flush". I have a WTF moment as I look at the board and try to reconstruct the hand. He turns over KT spades and scoops the pot.

Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand. by both players. I hope you vary your play against this guy, for the ever popular meta game.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:10 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]I love Limited Bet Texas Hold Them Poker. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

That is all.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pick up 33. I push again, and he calls me with 83o. He doesn't hit an 8, and I win it all. ShiptehJacksonplzkthx. LM2, here's your buy in back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice report!
Closed Thread