Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2006, 04:34 PM

Default great finds at trader joe\'s

i recently ran into the bean, cheese, and rice burrito there. i know it's hard to make that sound special, but this thing is ridiculous. it's in the refrigerated section. 390 calories and a perfect size for lunch.

2 minutes on high to microwave. poke an air hole in it so it doesn't explode. 2 minutes is a perfect cook for it.

the tortilla is amazing, perfectly soft and delicious. you can't get this kind of quality from frozen burritos.

the rice is fine. it's still rice, so don't expect to get your hair blown back by it. it synthesizes great with the other ingredients though.

the beans have awesome flavor and texture. very thick, almost "dry" paste although it's not technically dry.

the utterly fantastic cheese blend is muenster (!) and queso blanco. i'm a big muenster fan, i love it on burgers and i think it's underused.

run, don't walk, to trader joe's and pick one of these up. i've got a lot of stuff i like there and i'll probably be responding to post details on some other items i like. feel free to do the same, i think there are all sorts of hidden gems there. we all know about stuff like the papadum chips and chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels, right?