Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Cost Benefit Analysis Party vs Absolute vs Others

You also need to consider the "stress" factor. I've been playing at Absolute lately, because it's nice to be getting paid to play there(bonus+rakeback @ 1/2 fixed full ring is greater than rake paid). But it's a very boring/intensive kind of poker where you are battling it out with a bunch of other tight players. And while the game remain beatable, it's a whole other kind of beatable that will wear on you more than coasting through some tables at Party.

For Absolute I "earn" 2.5BB/100 in bonus and rakeback. But for the most part I'm just breaking even in terms of win rate. I do'nt have the sheer number of hands for anything to be considered certain but my win rate there is -0.22BB/100 after 10k hands. So overall I've earned 2.25BB/100 at Absolute.

Meanwhile at party my win rate is 2BB/100 over 21k hands. And my VIP bonus is worth 0.5BB/100. So total that is 2.5BB/100 which is better than the absolute results. Not to mention the fact that playing at Party is more enjoyable than playing at Absolute. So even if my true ABsolute win rate is 1BB/100, I would still rather play at Party because it's much easier to put the hours in every week...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Unmentionable+Bonus is roughly 3BB/100 at 1/2 6max at absolute.

There are plenty of 60/5's and 90/30's too.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You also need to consider the "stress" factor. I've been playing at Absolute lately, because it's nice to be getting paid to play there(bonus+rakeback @ 1/2 fixed full ring is greater than rake paid). But it's a very boring/intensive kind of poker where you are battling it out with a bunch of other tight players. And while the game remain beatable, it's a whole other kind of beatable that will wear on you more than coasting through some tables at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, just what I was looking for. (But maybe only because it affirmed what I wanted to hear) Full Ring at Absolute is stressing me out and if I can earn a comparable rate at Party, then maybe that's the ticket.
On the other hand, Absolute has really brought to light my weaknesses as a player. I almost think choosing Party is taking the easy way out. But then again, poker is about making money (at least for me), not about proving you can hang with the tough games.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, just what I was looking for. (But maybe only because it affirmed what I wanted to hear) Full Ring at Absolute is stressing me out and if I can earn a comparable rate at Party, then maybe that's the ticket.
On the other hand, Absolute has really brought to light my weaknesses as a player. I almost think choosing Party is taking the easy way out. But then again, poker is about making money (at least for me), not about proving you can hang with the tough games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm honestly moving back to Party for this VIP bonus. But that's not to say I won't play at all at Absolute. Certainly playing against tougher players is an important step in improving and I will continue to put some hands in over there. But the majority of my play will be at Party Poker, because I like money and I'd rather have fun while making it...but I would say I'll spend enough time at Absolute during the VIP thing to clear a $200 bonus every month...which sould provide me an opportunity to improve against tighter competition before moving up to the next level...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:00 AM

When you decide to move up in stakes, it might not be a bad idea to go back to Absolute at your current level for a while and toughen yourself up first.

I know playing $2/4 on Absolute got me prepared to play $3/6-$5/10 on Pokerroom.