Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Bet, or Induce River Bluff

In the actual hand, my turn check allowed the villain to catch with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHING.

By the raw percentages, with 4 opponents there's only a 34% chance that someone out there holds an ace. Of course the actual chance is higher because people selectively play aces more, but with 5 SB's I think there's enough money in the pot on the flop where it's worth it to go after this.

Still uncertain whether to bet out or call though, but since JT is vulnerable I still think betting out is the right choice here. (Most opponents aren't going to raise you on the flop with an ace in this scenario) It'd be hell to see this checked through and 5 people getting an extra chance to beat me.

I'm agreeing that Bet/Fold on the turn is the line I should have taken (unless I'd read villain to be very tricky).

If called again then I think you could pin villain on J with a weak kicker or an underpair. Value Bet the river, correct?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:43 PM

If SB called a turn bet, i would check the river.

If he bet into me on the river, i'd probably fold
Old 04-27-2006, 04:47 PM

The thing about betting the turn is if you are behind you have no outs (assuming he has an A) so it's not like you miss a free chance at a two-outer. Also given that there are a few gutshot combos out there, seems like it is a pretty easy bet.