Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Help! PFR is 5.66

If this is in the wrong forum please move.

My pfr is horrible and I have got to do something. So I have decided that my next two buy ins I am going to leave PT and PHUD off and FOCUS on pre flop raising.

But before I do I would like to know what ranges and rules do you good players use in making this determination.

Right now I am just lost. I'm obviously raising only the biggest hands and that isn't working.

I have searched and didn't find any good answers.

thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Help! PFR is 5.66

start by opening up yr range on button and cutoff

A8+
Axs+
broadway
any pp
sc 78+

start with that
Old 09-22-2007, 01:42 PM

I don't recommend any ranges or rules at all. What you need to do is observe your opponents more than trying to find a fixed formula, because they're obviously not going to be so consistent.

You MUST raise your good hands!

Watch hands that you fold, how they play out, and watch betting patterns. Find tight, weak players from whom you can steal blinds and speculative limp-ins. Trying to find a range of cards to raise for this is overkill.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 PM

key word is position. you can raise like, K7+ or Ax on the button, but utg i wouldn't even play KJs or A9s. also a lot of people like to raise with anything they decide to play if they're the first one into the pot, this means speculative hands like 44 utg and like 89s on CO. I dunno, I'm running like 15/13 (which is kind of nitty) but then again I play at 25nl so LAG isn't profitable anyways. but yeah your pfr should be over half of your vpip.

also when there's a raise before you, try to either reraise or fold unless you have a pocket pair and you're playing for set value. especially if you're in position. there's a good chance that you can take the pot down right there and if not you'll still have a positional advantage on him.

good luck
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recommend any ranges or rules at all. What you need to do is observe your opponents more than trying to find a fixed formula, because they're obviously not going to be so consistent.

Watch hands that you fold, how they play out, and watch betting patterns. Find tight, weak players from whom you can steal blinds and speculative limp-ins. Trying to find a range of cards to raise for this is overkill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, but you still need some sort of range to get started.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:53 PM

I agree, a range keeps things safe, and definitely will pay off if you hit big. I think valdiesel's hand suggestions are a good way to start.

But remember why he suggests that range. If you don't understand what to do after the flop, these suggestions won't do any good if you don't have a read on your opponents. If you have one of "those" opponents that calls everything and you have nothing, your flop bets will be worthless. Against a weak player out of position who checks to anyone when he doesn't hit, you can take it down easily.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, a range keeps things safe, and definitely will pay off if you hit big. I think valdiesel's hand suggestions are a good way to start.

But remember why he suggests that range. If you don't understand what to do after the flop, these suggestions won't do any good if you don't have a read on your opponents. If you have one of "those" opponents that calls everything and you have nothing, your flop bets will be worthless. Against a weak player out of position who checks to anyone when he doesn't hit, you can take it down easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] TYTY for the compliment I feel like im moving up in the world.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:59 PM

lol what is your VPIP
Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 PM

VPIP is about 23%.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:31 PM

raise almost every hand I play...