Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: who banned youtalkfunny for 24 hours in OOT?

If NT has warned him previously, I'm not sure what else there is to do but temp ban him.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM

My only point is that these are currently the rules. I think the discussion we should be (and kinda are) having is that if those rules are appropriate.

Obviously we have more than a few instances of long term posters not reading and running afould of NT's sticky. I think this has been talked to death to some extent and probably we should just get a red person to decide what's up.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:01 PM

this user has sent me a PM basically saying i have no right to ban him because he has been posting here for 12 years, being abusive, etc. i removed his custom title and request that he be exiled from OOT.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this user has sent me a PM basically saying i have no right to ban him because he has been posting here for 12 years, being abusive, etc. i removed his custom title and request that he be exiled from OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i want to voice my opinion on this or any other matter at the moment, but what was the final decision in the recent custom titles debate? is stripping custom titles not overturning another mod's actions? further, isn't punishing a user for sending YOU an abusive PM entirely out of line with respect to moderating situations which involve yourself?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If NT has warned him previously, I'm not sure what else there is to do but temp ban him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he just keep track of these in his head or does he have some secret place place that he keeps track of these undocumented warnings? Or does he say "I warned him previously" when he decides to be a big man on the net and ban someone from the site.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he just keep track of these in his head or does he have some secret place place that he keeps track of these undocumented warnings? Or does he say "I warned him previously" when he decides to be a big man on the net and ban someone from the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I tend to assume people aren't lying unless I have some reason to believe otherwise. Does the user dispute that he was warned?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 PM

i should have logged ytf's prior problems, i thought i had but they are not there. it is also possible that someone else deleted them, wouldn't be the first time.

he seems to think (based on his recent PM in particular) that he has carte blanche because he has been here so long. no mention of 'i broke the rules but it's harmless,' etc. just 'you can't do this to me, i've been here forever.'

my impression from our previous discussions was that custom titles are a privilege, and removing them when someone breaks a forum rule is not stepping on someone else's authority. that seemed to be the popular sentiment. if anyone disagrees i am open to hearing it, but that was my recollection of the previous discussion.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Here, you have a lot of work to do if asking for help with an avatar is a bannable offense.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 10-31-2007, 05:54 PM

randy, this guy is your friend and you are pissed off. get over it. he doesn't care about the rules and he got banned like everyone else who doesn't care about the rules.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
randy, this guy is your friend and you are pissed off. get over it. he doesn't care about the rules and he got banned like everyone else who doesn't care about the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not that pissed off because I was able to convince him to just leave the retard forums instead of leaving 2+2. If you really thing it is a good idea to suspend longtime posters for this sort of thing I really think you should step down as a mod.
Closed Thread