Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: NL200 AK 3bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for all the people saying fold, why are we calling the turn bet if we are folding the river? think about it

[/ QUOTE ]

??????????????

[/ QUOTE ]he basically has 1 hand that can beat us, and that we are behind on the turn, he can have a lot of draws on the flop, turn whatever that all missed on the river.

What i am trying to say is that we are calling the turn because we are almost sure we have the best hand and are looking for a safe river to get the money in, why would we cinsider folding on the perfect river?

If we are really sure that he has 55 and want to play scared like that then just fold the turn
Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 AM

Im not that scared for draws in his range when he raise me like that pre.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 AM

3 hands that beat us, you had AK turned two pair, to not being able to fold to his river beat is bad but only 6 hands, to be able to fold there it take a lot of discipline. Why didnt you get you get it in on turn, were you slowplaying? If you put him on AJ AQ, why would you give him a free card on river, why not get him all in on turn?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:43 AM

Trying to maximize my value against worse hands and ended up traping my self to his AA. His river bet really looks like a boat but its really hard to fold this one.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to maximize my value against worse hands and ended up traping my self to his AA. His river bet really looks like a boat but its really hard to fold this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he donk-4-bet you preflop (not 3-bet) as the third player in. What worse hands is he gonna have, exactly?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:01 PM

thats a v. bizarre 4b size

river is a fold i think, and lol at calling turn means you should call river. That's one of those blanket statements that is correctly used so rarely here i think
Old 09-16-2007, 02:31 PM

check flop is fine. want other PPs to bluff the turn.

call turn is fine. WA/WB

river: stats of 29/17 are not fishy enough to think that this could be a spastic moron with AQ. ez fold on the river but that's only if you are paying attention. i can sometimes see myself instacalling this and then after the hand saying, "oh...duh. i'm stupid"
Old 09-16-2007, 02:57 PM

I really think that most of the posters put villian on too wide a range - without reads I put villain on exactly AA, KK, AK here after he 4bets - heavilly weighted towards AA and KK.

Putting him om 55, 88, A8 is ridiculous IMO - we would have to have a strong read that he is maniacal to do that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd call the turn hoping to check down with another AK, but I would not call the river.

Is folding preflop an option here? Do we play fit or fold if we call pf?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:42 PM

I don't really get the turn call if we plan on stacking off on the river.

I feel like there's no more value from QQ/JJ and we give them a shot for two free outs, and I doubt anyone who 4-bets AQ is going to fold the turn.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check flop is fine. want other PPs to bluff the turn.

call turn is fine. WA/WB

river: stats of 29/17 are not fishy enough to think that this could be a spastic moron with AQ. ez fold on the river but that's only if you are paying attention. i can sometimes see myself instacalling this and then after the hand saying, "oh...duh. i'm stupid"

[/ QUOTE ]Totally agree. I just called river without really thinking about it and afterwards i think its a clear fold and a very stupid call as i cant see him bluffing here like never.