Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: LC: chatting

[ QUOTE ]
I always say "gg" to the bubble boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tilts me so hard when someone says this to me after I bubble. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:57 AM

nobody gives a [censored], chatting is meaningless and only good in some abstract way. If you don't chat ever it will probably have zero effect on your win rate. Leave the chatting to the naturally friendly people who want to chat all the time. There are thousands of them loling and nh'ing all the time, you don't need to cultivate a fake personality so that there will be more action in general.

Nothing wrong with chatting, but pretending as though one has to because it's important for the overall good of the game is just silly.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always say "gg" to the bubble boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tilts me so hard when someone says this to me after I bubble. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It tilts me harder when you see a 'ty' from the survivors
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody gives a [censored], chatting is meaningless and only good in some abstract way. If you don't chat ever it will probably have zero effect on your win rate. Leave the chatting to the naturally friendly people who want to chat all the time. There are thousands of them loling and nh'ing all the time, you don't need to cultivate a fake personality so that there will be more action in general.

Nothing wrong with chatting, but pretending as though one has to because it's important for the overall good of the game is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I type stuff is when my bvb shove or bubble shove gets called. I type "misclick." Sometimes that works... Other than that, I talk to some regulars I know through 2+2 when I have time.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 AM

what the [censored] are you talking about suzzer

i thought alzheimers didnt start till you were at least 45
Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 AM

I had FTP and Stars remove my ability to chat. I find it helps me tilt less since I can't relieve my frustration in the chat box anyway. Also, it is usually -ev to berate people anyway, and that seems to be all I would need my chat for. Most of the people I feel like chatting with I have on AIM anyway.

Also, whenever I would say nice hand, I wouldn't mean it. No one does. Unless they're complimenting a fish winning a hand v. a reg. and that would only help if:

a. it kept the fish in a game they may not normally stay in, (which is irrelevant in a SnG anyway)
b. it tilted the reg. (which I think is seemingly unethical in the first place unless it's done by making a normally -ev play to tilt them to help your image in later hands)
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM

I say gg or nh (usually sarcastic).
I've recently realized that Scossett is coaching me in game (which is much needed/appreciated) so I say "thanks coach!"
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 AM

I sometimes tell people diagf. This doesn't seem to go over well.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM

I can't chat on party for some reason, puts me on life tilt getting lessons from complete muppets when I can't even reply...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:45 AM

I rarely chat also, but dont mind talking to someone if they ask me a question. thing the "really grinds my gears" is when you join an STT or MTT and instantly, some muppet starts the whole:

"YEAH WOOO IM GONNA WIN. I RULE. GIVE ME YOUR CHIPS NOW. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!

LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HAHAHA I AM DA BEST PLAYR HERE. WTF KIND OF NAME IS THAT? HAHAHHAA"

as soon as someone at the table replies to this fool, thats it. game over, i usually disable chat from then on. those peopel are pricks.