Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ravens should add:
Peyton (or Brady) 23 85.19%
Not a QB 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody please prove Gavin Smith wrong for me. He said in that AJ would be a loser in everybody's database because of how deceptively mediocre it actually is, i think there's no way that can be true, i look in my DB and [censored], i'm losing 0.4BB/hand with AJ. Anybody!

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty dumb thing for him to say...who is gavin smith? it's only slightly worse than AQ, why isn't that a loser too? or is the edge so small for every single player that they can win with AQ and lose with AJ?

i know for a fact i'm winning with AJ but i'm on a different comp.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody please prove Gavin Smith wrong for me. He said in that AJ would be a loser in everybody's database because of how deceptively mediocre it actually is, i think there's no way that can be true, i look in my DB and [censored], i'm losing 0.4BB/hand with AJ. Anybody!

[/ QUOTE ]

woop, not a very big sample size tho (about 160k hand database)
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link to where he said this?

gavin has said many times on his poker radio shows that he doesn't play cash games. not sure how he all of a sudden became the authority on what hands and +EV and -EV. i really doubt he has much experience playing in 6max cash games online.

i wouldn't take his comment seriously.

32k hand DB: 105 times got AJs, -1.27 BB/Hand. 300 times got AJo, 0.35 BB/Hand.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 200k hands, I'm +.08bb/hand with AJs (600 hands), and -0.13bb/hand with AJo (1700 hands).
Old 11-21-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm winning with both AJs (241 hands, 1.2BB/100) and AJo (711/0.42), losing with AQs (223/0.39) and AQo (702/0.28) since october. Small sample size obviously. I'd have to check my old db but it's on my other laptop which is being repaired.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gavin has said many times on his poker radio shows that he doesn't play cash games. not sure how he all of a sudden became the authority on what hands and +EV and -EV. i really doubt he has much experience playing in 6max cash games online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I deposited and I railbirded some high stakes games on FTP, I saw Gavin Smith playing the highest stakes PLO.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:02 PM

AJo is probably around neutral EV on its own vs a random villain, but add that to increasing the amount of hands you open (for better table image) and playing vs fish who stack of w/ TPNK Ax or whatever and it is probably +EV overall.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I deposited and I railbirded some high stakes games on FTP, I saw Gavin Smith playing the highest stakes PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO is much different than holdem, but i'm stating the obvious as you are probably leveling anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

until I see that he's winning in 6-max hold em games, i refuse to take his comment seriously.

anyways, here's my AJo/AJs stats from my 200K hand db. all 200nl.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 PM

My best day ever at 1/2. Can I be in the green line above blue club with the rest of the cool kids?

Closed Thread