Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Big PP vs a PF CR and an accidental check

Playing 10 handed at the Borgata, 1/2 NL.

I'm interested in how you would play this hand post flop. Villain appears to be a solid player, is not loose nor extremely tight.

Villain is sitting in mid position with $500, Hero is on the button holding K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with $250.

Villain limps, Hero bets $10, everyone folds around to the Villain who reraises to $50, Hero calls.

Pot: $103
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain absent mindedly taps the table while thinking and accidentally commits himself to checking, despite his clear desire to bet. Hero?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Big PP vs a PF CR and an accidental check

seems like a big re raise from villain, doesn't look like an AA inducing play

get it all in pre flop imo and if he has AA oh well
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Check and let him bet turn, betting would be pretty strong if he saw you se him wanting to bet.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 PM

IMO a solid 1-2 player would never mistakenly check in this spot. It's really hard to advise you on this hand, without knowing why he would limp reraise you. Have you been button raising alot? If so you have underrepresented your hand, so I would prolly reraise preflop. Has there been alot of raises by other players? Has he been raising alot? All of this information could help.
Without this information it seems possible that he has a medium pair and put you on a hand like AK. I like checking and calling a turn bet, unless you feel he is really strong.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM

vs. decent live players I go all in pre-flop and tap the table if he has aces. They can't lay any pair down esp. 99+, and don't lay down AJ+ very often either. Depends on how solid you think he is though.

As played I might actually bet though. Metagame ftw. "He knows I was going to bet, and bets? He must have me beat.."

Or of course you could just check and hope to hit a K on the turn.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs. decent live players I go all in pre-flop and tap the table if he has aces. They can't lay any pair down esp. 99+, and don't lay down AJ+ very often either. Depends on how solid you think he is though.

As played I might actually bet though. Metagame ftw. "He knows I was going to bet, and bets? He must have me beat.."

Or of course you could just check and hope to hit a K on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You arent happy about stacking off here?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 PM

My table image was pretty tight. 1/2 NL at the Borgata is typically loose/passive, and makes getting fancy a losing proposition against most players. This guy played fairly well, and was pretty cautious with his starting hands. I don't think he played much live though, and my feeling was that the accidental check was a genuine accident. Moreover, you don't really run into hustling of that kind of sophistication at 1/2.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 PM

I dont really think you can go that wrong with this hand, as long as your betting somewhere and you arent folding.