Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best popular economist ever?
Friedrich von Hayek 4 7.84%
Milton Friedman 9 17.65%
Murray Rothbard 3 5.88%
Ludwig Von Mises 7 13.73%
John Maynard Keynes 3 5.88%
Adam Smith 21 41.18%
Thomas Sowell 4 7.84%
Paul Samuelson 0 0%
Lawrence Klein 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt they're divorced. He keeps referring to "his wife" in his blog. But DN does that, too at strange times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu isn't divorced tho, right?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 PM

jesus why do these moralizing [censored] come out of the woodwork every time there's a thread like this - seriously, anyone who gets up on their soapbox about zeejustin cheating should be banned, it's over with - either you forgive him or you don't.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re 6 Horses >>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Much of the ZJ hating is because of his behavior since the multiaccounting, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. I think ZJ got thrown under the bus ...

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money would it take for Justin to cheat you out of to feel differently? $250? $2500? $25k? More?
How many times would you be okay with losing to his 6 horses? You really wouldn't care if he had 20 entries and kept knocking you out? I don't believe that for a second.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt they're divorced. He keeps referring to "his wife" in his blog. But DN does that, too at strange times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu isn't divorced tho, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, I shouldn't have thrown in that snarky comment, my bad. I did think it was a little funny that Phil's wife stayed in her own suite at the Bellagio, but that's probably just smart.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was at the table and phil was way out of line.
justin was at the table for a while before i realized who he was and i have to say ya'll should get off his back he was super nice seemed like an all around good guy and you should seriously find better ways to fill the voids in your existence other then refusing to get past this.

also irock was super chill, as was h@olling or however you spell his name.
very cool guys.

i dont want to brag but i freaking owned phil's soul for pretty much the entire time i was at the table, hopefully irock can come back and verify this.

i also challenged him to a HU 500K freezeout which he at first accepted and then when i said we should post the money in escrow and play on saturday he promptly backed down from (he had earlier told me i was the worst player at the table after i 4 bet him pre with KK and didnt show).

oh and i wasn't a douche about the way i challenged him, after like the 9th pot i took from him he said something about how i was so bad or whatever so i said well we can play HU for 500K if you'd like and he obv said i'd love to but once i started to iron out the details he sang a diff tune.

got down to 80 players 78 places pay.

i have like 120K in chips avg is 80K.

i lose these 3 pots all within like 15mins.

AT vs K5 all in pre. (40K pot)
QQ vs 95 all in pre (flop K24 turn A river 3) (32ish K ship it to whitelime)
lose KK vs 55 all in pre to four card flush. (70K pot).

so instead of having like 200K i have 40K going into tomorrow woot woot.

however on the bright side aron been (sp?) (who had the K5 and the 55) gave me full permission to get chad brown to kick his ass [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I don't think helmuth ever got his money in good. His only time was vs me when he had like less than a potsized bet left after i raised the button with K10 and he pushed with A4 for like 12 more chips then told me it was a weak call.

He also called rbk's all in preflop with AQ to AQ.
He then followed up snap calling all in from the tightest player at the table with A10 to JJ. A on the flop np.

He then called all streets oop (including a preflop raise) with J8h on a 5h 6h 5 4 3 board. The guy had K6 and phil berated him for a while. It was pretty funny how he kept making bad plays and then saying how bad we were, when no one who was actually good cared.

Rbk pretty much did rock him. I had two favorite hands with them involved. I was low on chips a lot so I didnt have any post turn play with phil, so i'll vicariously live through rbk.

Rbk raises phil snap calls preflop. Flop comes down A73 with two diamonds the Ace being one. Phil check/snap calls. Turn is the 4d completing the draw. Phil check/snap calls. River is the K no diamond. Rbk thinks for a while, and finally makes a value bet with AK. Phil snap calls. Apparently his seat was replaced with Old Sparky from the NY prison system, because every time he'd lose a pot or have some "tough decision" his arms would go out and he'd shake it was really weird. Obviously a huge suckout.

2nd hand - Rbk raises A4 in i think MP. Phil obviously snap calls preflop like hes going to get this kid. After all, he is the best hold em player in the world. (he stood up and declared it, then he brought over roland de wolfe and told him, and tex barch as well) So anyway phil in all his poker glory snap calls. flop comes down 9 2 2 no draw. Phil check calls (notice he was almost always out of position in big pots, another classic move). Turn is a 9. They check it. River is a 4. Phil checks, rbk puts out a pot sized bet, phil instantly calls. Rbk flips over A4. Phil gets electrocuted and at this point is providing free comedy for the table. there was a continuing cycle at the table of phil calling down in awful spots, getting low in chips, getting it all in slightly behind, and winning every time. Everytime he won it was skill, every time he lost it was 'shocking'. If no one knew this guy and he acted this way, either live or online, either in cash games or in tournaments, he would be the laughing stock of the community. I don't care if he won 45 bracelets, his demeanor at the table makes him a joke to play with.

On a side note i played with greg raymor for the first round or so. He was a really nice guy and had no problem cracking jokes and making the table enjoyable. He also played better. Scotty Nguyen was another guy who was a lot of fun to play with in the heads up tourney. Phil could learn a lot from these guys.

The icing on the cake was when he kept yelling at rbk because he thought he didnt ante every hand, even though the pot was right ever hand.

He also told us he was the best cash game player of the 90's. I'll just leave you with that gem.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tico would be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]
L O L. TICO! Priceless. Tico.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's this tico stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tico Bonomo was a legendary philanthropist circa the Great Depression here in America. Barry Greenstein modeled himself after the great Tico, and has subsequently donated millions of dollars to charity. IIRC, there is a small chapter about Tico in the Greenstein-penned top-selling poker book Ace on the River .
Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 PM

when i played w/ phil at a final table last year he challenged me to play for a million hu. i guess i am a bigger fish than you guys who only got challenged to $500k.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tico would be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]
L O L. TICO! Priceless. Tico.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's this tico stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tico Bonomo was a legendary philanthropist circa the Great Depression here in America. Barry Greenstein modeled himself after the great Tico, and has subsequently donated millions of dollars to charity. IIRC, there is a small chapter about Tico in the Greenstein-penned top-selling poker book Ace on the River .

[/ QUOTE ]

Tico also contributed millions of dollars to groundbreaking research into Cryonics, and his frozen head lies next to that of Walt Disney, Howard Hughes and J Edgar Hoover in a secret vault, somewhere in Arizona.

Justin has sworn that if PokerStars would just allow him to multi-account again, he'd also commit all of his future earnings to various penis extension charities.

*** This post was sponsored by Tico's Turkish Taffy ***
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i played w/ phil at a final table last year he challenged me to play for a million hu. i guess i am a bigger fish than you guys who only got challenged to $500k.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he actually had like an 100k roll at that point, and now he's busto
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], that has me crying! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, quite simply, one of the finest 2+2 posts I have ever seen EVEN with the obvious boredom of the incessant harangue that is the ZJ multicheating commentary.

The ZJ in the background actually makes it for me. So, so good.

Look at me--I'm gushing.