Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Circumcision

I have read that circumcision reduces sensitivity and reduces what you can feel during sex. Has anyone been circumcised as an adult that knows the difference?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Circumcision

I recommend not getting circumcised during sex. I imagine many things can go wrong there, and reducing sensitivity is just one problem.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend not getting circumcised during sex. I imagine many things can go wrong there, and reducing sensitivity is just one problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I instinctively agree. To me there is not a big difference between removing or altering the clitoris in a female and removing the foreskin in a male. And yet one is referred to as female genital mutilation and the other as male circumcision. (at least here in the US - I bet parts of europe may be more 'enlightened')
Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I instinctively agree. To me there is not a big difference between removing or altering the clitoris in a female and removing the foreskin in a male. And yet one is referred to as female genital mutilation and the other as male circumcision. (at least here in the US - I bet parts of europe may be more 'enlightened')

[/ QUOTE ]

um they aren't even in the same league, circumcision is unnecessary but the dick still works basically the same, women lose the ability to orgasm
Old 02-14-2007, 05:06 PM

POTD.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um they aren't even in the same league, circumcision is unnecessary but the dick still works basically the same, women lose the ability to orgasm

[/ QUOTE ]

I question the perception that they are widely different.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM

I really don't see the need for it any more. I mean I'm sure it was practical for cleanliness back when people didn't have regular access to a shower. I think as long as you teach your child to be clean about it, then there is no need. Its an unnecessary practice to cut a piece of an infant's flesh off. And I know that kid's don't have memory that far back, but it just seems that cutting open a child's penis just after he's born, when he's going to be urinating and defecating all over it, doesn't seem to be the best way to say "Welcome to the World"!

There are some conflicting studies about whether or not it increases chances of certain diseases, particularly HIV. In fact, I read that a study in Africa had to be called off because they said it was unethical to continue to not circumcise some people.

Plus there is that whole "covenant with God" thing.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus there is that whole "covenant with God" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's what happened to me as a baby....or so they tell me.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:37 PM

You do it so you don't scare the [censored] out of your g/f when you pull out an anteater instead of a penis.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:43 PM

A recent found that the male rate of contracting AIDs from an infected partner is 10X lower with circumcision. Doctors are now pushing for mandatory circumcision in many countries in Africa.