Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 02:03 PM

Default I think this had issues

Villain is a multitabling fiend here. Flop check is standard but I never know where to go from there- lead turn? i was afraid on this board since 22/66 and all those low PP could be in his range, and a c/r mostly gets me killed and i hate folding here, better to let him hang himself, right?

Converted by PokerGeek
Absolute NL Hold'em Ring - 1/1
Blinds (6 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: Small blind (Hero) ($111)
Seat 2: Big blind ($51)
Seat 3: UTG ($202.15)
Seat 4: LP ($361.02)
Seat 5: CO ($87.68)
Seat 6: Button ($16.40)

Preflop: Hero is Small blind with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO raises ($4), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises ($12), Big blind folds, CO calls ($8)

Flop: ($25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets ($12), Hero calls ($12)

River: ($49) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets ($22), Hero calls ($22)

Final Pot: $90

Results not shown
Old 12-09-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: I think this had issues

How is a flop check standard?

... and PLEASE lead the turn.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:06 PM

raise more preflop ~15 or so

flop check is ok but its not standard
Old 12-09-2006, 02:12 PM

for 2672 posts u play bad, first it was limp K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , then playing a hand like this
Old 12-09-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for 2672 posts u play bad, first it was limp K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , then playing a hand like this

[/ QUOTE ]

wow 500 posts you're very arrogant. and i play much, much better than you. if you can't actually provide something useful then don't bother posting in my threads.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is a flop check standard?

... and PLEASE lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i'm really getting sick of the collective 2+2 mindset that any post that breaks away from the simple minded mold you players have gets no respect. and i'm not talking specifically to the poster i'm quoting, just in general. flop check is rather standard for me after I rr pf because I don't get a call from much here that I beat and it's better to feign weakness/lack of an A to extract value from QQ or 99 or something later on in the hand. And if you can't understand that then there really isn't anything you can help me with on this hand so why make some sort of post about how i need to bet the flop to see where I'm at? OMG

The turn card was awful (made a straight, villain DOES show up here w/ small PP) and didn't give me anything to 'rep' that I thought I'd give him a chance to bet it.

I think, in hindsight, that a turn lead was probably called for, and as played a river bet gets value from a lot of hands that might check behind this river.

FWIW, I dont expect villain to have an Ax hand here that often (either low x for 2pr or Q/J for me taking the pot). AK is possible and I'm not a big fan of facing a lot of heat on this board.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM

No one's suggesting you bet flop to "find out where you're at". You bet the flop because if you wanna win re-raised pot you're usually gonna bet flops. If you check every time you hit TPTK it's gonna get pretty easy to play against you. You bet this flop to get action from AQ/AJ if they stuck around, and from KK/QQ/JJ if they feel like making a play/floating.

Having said that, no one said flop check was bad, anyway. They just said it probably shouldn't be so standard.
And it shouldn't.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit being a jackass.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM

I like to check A high flops with AK quite a bit. Not, however, in a RR pot. A flop check after RR is almost always either great weakness or great strength. Once you call the turn, it's pretty obvious which one it is. If villain bet this river after your turn call with anything you beat, I'll be amazed.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM

I have no problem with flop check. I probably check here more often than bet because you get more value out of the thand vs other big pairs later when they think the hand is stealable/callable. Yes you lose value vs AQ/AJ but I discount AJ a lot in 3bet pots so I am willing to pass on value vs AQ to get more out of the other big pairs. I do probably lead turn tho, since we have underrepped our hand and valuebetting is now I think appropriate. If called on turn tho i prolly c/c river or fold to a large bet. If raised on turn, I am unsure and prolly make crying call and fold to big river bet.