Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: NYC Dining Dilemma

dont go to 21...much better options in NY...if ur looking for something in theater district...try Esca or DB bistro...(DB bistro has amazing frog's legs if anyone likes that kind of thing) Esca is a nice italian place that specializes in italian seafood.

I wouldnt recommend spice market either, there is simply tooo much amazing food in NY to settle for anything less...

I havent been to Bond St, but have heard great things...for sushi I can vouch for Sushi Yasuda, Sushi Seki or Sushi of Gari

For very high end michelin type cooking...I have recently been to Jean Georges and Le Atelier de Joel Robuchon...both are ethereal...If i had to pick one, Id prolly go with Jean Georges
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Neuman: Wow, you eat very well! Esca is a nice recommendation that I'll second. FYI to Irie and others, it's another Mario Batali place (Babbo and Casa Mono are other Batali places mentioned already).

k: I am a big fan of Nobu in NYC. It has very good food and also a fun high-energy vibe.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM

OP,

If there is anyway you can squeeze into Le Bernardin while you are here you should try to do so. While I am now a vegetarian, while I was still an omnivore I always thought that Le Bernardin was not only NYC's best fish restaurant, but best overall restaurant.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:58 PM

colgin, interesting u should say that, i know someone else who used to eat at le bernardin every day and is now a vegetarian. What I can never understand, is how does one know the excitement of something like Le Bernardin's Crispy Chinese Sea Bass and then give it up willingly...
Old 11-10-2007, 06:28 AM

Anyone can recommend a place for lunch the Grand Central Station? (yeah, i'm a NYC donk).

Also, good places for Sunday lunch/brunch?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Apparently, Jean Georges ( 1 Central Park West at 60th St) is the "greatest dining bargain in the world." Two course meals for $28. I'm going to go this week to check it out. Read about it here .
Old 11-10-2007, 05:39 PM

k,

Tons of places in/around the station. For a simple deli lunch (sandwich or pasta or something) I like this place across the street: http://cipriani.com/cipriani/Locs/specialita.htm
Old 11-10-2007, 06:15 PM

I was there last weekend for a conference and ate at this place:

http://www.baramericain.com/

Amazing pork.

Also this placed call Maison near the Hilton on Avenue of Americas is just so so for lunch but the fois gras they had there was top of line for this country. Unmatched anywhere on this side of the ocean.