Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: I feel I am better than 75+% of the student population

[ QUOTE ]
meh, pretty iffy if ya ask me...

EDIT: BTW, you could probably find a much worst hand played by me than that one...cmon, dig deeper, put in some effort

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read the hand. The stakes is the funny part.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even read the hand. The stakes is the funny part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to start somewhere...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it would be way worse. At least there it would be fun and more people would be playing along, not acting like I just took a [censored] on their mother

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, I'm not sure I've been reading the same OOT you have. Nobody there would like this.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 AM

lol shut up... you have no effin idea
Old 07-02-2007, 07:10 AM

I don't know about this comment, but the one that amazes me is when I heard from female communications majors friends at state schools about how much studying they had to do and how hard it was. Now three years into college I find out that evey tesxt they have taken is multiple choice.

I make a comment on the phone like "my hand feels like it is going to fall off after filling up four blue books on my exams today". They ask, "you had to write essays on a test"? I go, wait you don't and they respond they have never taken an essay test. WTF???
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 AM

You might be "smarter" than 75% of the college population intellectually, but socially you sound like you're in the bottom 10% (in fact, you sound exactly like me 4 years ago). If you think correcting everyone and thinking to yourself that everyone is so much less intelligent than you are makes you a "likeable person," then YOU have a lot to learn. Being crass and putting people down or making them feel stupid does not make them like you, it causes them to resent you. Do you think when you correct someone that they sit there and think to themselves "Hey, wow, this guy is so smart, I want to be JUST like him." Because they don't, I guarantee they are thinking one of two things: a) "I'm right", and they're trying to provide reasoning to back that up. or b) "He's a condescending douchebag." (see the several other posts in this thread). Seriously though, who cares if you do more studying? Who cares if you're in fluid mechanics and they're in intro to film? Do you think they do?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UIUC_Co...of_Engineering

"Mechanical Engineering is currently the 4th best program in the nation according to US News and World Report."

I go to UIUC and am an ME there. Although that source is wikipedia, I'm sure if you went to your library/bookstore and looked at the US News and World Report for top colleges, that would be accurate. Oh and UC Boulder is definitely not one of the top three schools ...

From your school's website:
http://engineering.colorado.edu/over...act_sheets.htm

ME - 33rd overall and 18th among public graduate programs (2008)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure what your point is. Congrats? U of I is an awesome school and you have chose a respectable course of study

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is you may be smarter than 75% of the student population at UC Boulder, but not even close to that for the country.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know [censored] about cars, so I'd be pretty lost too. What do you expect someone to do who doesn't know jack about them? In your friend's situation, I'd def ask if anyone in the car knew something about cars, and if not I'd call someone that did. I'm sure your friend "assessed" that his engine wasn't working, but how is he supposed to fix that?

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHA....good christ..LOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so what would you say, as a mechanical engineer, was wrong with his car? Be precise, you need to fix it without asking for help.

Also, just to test your analytical abilities.... When a physicist's, mathematician's, or doctor's car breaks down, what percentage of them do you think fix it themselves? Do you realize that car technicians are trained to fix cars? Do you think they derive physics equations in school and this teaches them how to fix cars? Do you really think mathematicians can build a car? What does this imply?

Are you stupid?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM

You sound like a typical undergraduate know-it-all. Understand that 10 years from now you will realize why your thinking here is severely flawed.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about this comment, but the one that amazes me is when I heard from female communications majors friends at state schools about how much studying they had to do and how hard it was. Now three years into college I find out that evey tesxt they have taken is multiple choice.

I make a comment on the phone like "my hand feels like it is going to fall off after filling up four blue books on my exams today". They ask, "you had to write essays on a test"? I go, wait you don't and they respond they have never taken an essay test. WTF???

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about their classes, but my multiple choice tests are like A-H with the last 3 choices being like

F. A, B, but not C, and kind of D
G. E with only the first part of B and A mixed in a little bit with the second part of C and none of D
H. E combined with the Pythagorean Theorem and the last part of D.

Then they tell you that more than one are right and to pick the "most right" or "best" answer. My teachers make multiple choice hard as hell. I would rather take an essay test if I really know the material; they give you much more wiggle room to show what you know.