Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Semen Trees

[ QUOTE ]
I've smelled 'em in Bloomington, IN.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one in the SW corner on the walking trail in Winslow Sports Park in Bloomington, IN. I used to jog that trail, and it took me forever to figure out where that smell was coming from. I thought maybe kids or bums were having sex in the park at night or something.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM

I've smelled this before during the spring, but I had always blamed it on fresh cut grass or something. I guess now when I smell it I'll have to pay attention to what trees are around now.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to believe the people in this thread who play dumb on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it!

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe all the guys who don't know what cum smells like always jerked off in the shower and never had consensual sex with a woman without there being money involved? I mean I'm grasping at straws here guys, help me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

No again. Late bloomer for sure, but self-abuse started early. And I'm married for four years I guess and have a two year-old daughter. I don't generally go downtown after my business is finished, so there goes that possibility. It's true I have not had a blow job in a while, but I have had many in my life and I'm sure I kissed the lucky girl after the deed was done at some point.

[ QUOTE ]
it smells enough that when you jerked off into a tissue when you were 15, you knew what it smelled like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

I also have an extremely sensitive sense of smell. After I began antidepressants, in fact, my sense of smell ranges between Superman's and the Six Million Dollar Man's (he had bionic smell, right?).

Two possibilities: my personal ejaculate doesn't smell. This is my theory. I am proud to say I've never been in a position to smell another man's product. I think it's possible some of us just don't have smelly man-juice.

Possibility two: it smells, and I've just never noticed it. If this possibility is true, we will know soon enough.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:21 AM

There's also the possibility that it's a genetic thing. For example, if you eat asparagus, it makes your pee smell. I can't smell it though. I'm missing the gene.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm 80% certain that this is dogwoods. I was just commenting to my friend the other day that the dogwoods are in bloom, and it smelled like they must have been fertilized with nut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be able to test your theory. I have two dogwoods in my front yard and one in the back. They are getting ready to pop.

But considering I have never smelled the odor outside my house, I don't think the offending tree is a dogwood, either.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 PM

First Google hit yields an article with the following quote:

"There are seasonal smells as well, such as the distinct, uh, masculine aroma that cloaks the city each summer when the weedy Ailanthus altissima trees are in bloom. (They're also referred to as "ghetto palms" and, more tellingly, "cum trees.")"

Then went to the wiki for ailanthus altissima, which yielded this:

"All parts of the tree produce an unpleasant odour, suggestive of rancid cashews, with male flowers having the strongest smell."

Hmmmm.

Edit to add pic from the wiki page, looks familiar:

Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM

I just did a little research, and while there is no consensus on "the" semen tree, there are three primary culprits mentioned:

1) carob
2) tree of heaven
3) Chinese chestnut

Urban Dictionary says its the bradford pear, but again, I have an enormous one in full bloom next to my driveway, and while it smells bad, it's not the semen tree.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Hmmm, further down my Googling of "cum trees" I came across this blog entry. The pic in that entry looks familiar as well. Possibly there's more than one culprit.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Those are the ones. I went to Tufts Univ right outside of Boston and we had these all over campus. Right when it started to get warm out, they would bloom and smell horrific, like hot, chlorinated bleach. There was a whole bunch of them right by the entrance to one of the dining halls so it was unavoidable when I was used to eat there.

Also...to everyone who doesn't know what sperm smells like. wtf? seriously?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's also the possibility that it's a genetic thing. For example, if you eat asparagus, it makes your pee smell. I can't smell it though. I'm missing the gene.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like something I should be including on my resume. "Genetically unable to smell semen." Talk about a conversation starter!