Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Selling NFL future (bears to win superbowl)

Well guys after some critical thinking I am going to man up and get a real job and take a break from the poker world (until the bears win the superbowl of course [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) I appearently do not have the trustworthyness for such a deal to happen, and even if I did it is still a very shaky thing to put a deal like this together.

BTW, be on the lookout for my book in BBV in a few weeks when I have time to write it. Should be a best seller.

I also appologize to this forum for trying to put a unprofessional deal together twice. You guys won't hear from me on this forum again until the bears get the superbowl and I need to borrow 4k to hedge, lol.

Have a good one and a happy new years strangers. At the very least your more friendly then those in the zoo.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I appearently do not have the trustworthyness for such a deal to happen, and even if I did it is still a very shaky thing to put a deal like this together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a matter of trust. I just think that there's nobody here with money who thinks the Bears are going to win.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:55 PM

i dont think its a matter of trust either. this board is extremely trusting as it should be. we are all helping eachother better ourselves through sports betting which is amazing. its that noone thinks the bears have a chance.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think its a matter of trust either. this board is extremely trusting as it should be. we are all helping eachother better ourselves through sports betting which is amazing. its that noone thinks the bears have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ] so if you are trusting and you think the bears have no shot, then would you be willing to risk 13000 that the bears won't win the superbowl? ill give you 1000 if they don't

by your admission thats a free 1000$
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 AM

Do you want to send $13k to someone on this forum? If they dont win the Super Bowl you get your money back from Performify (or an agreed upon 3rd party), along with the extra amount you "sold" it for

If you agree to this I will give you an offer. PM if interested.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:51 AM

if he had that much I assume he could buy back his position, which is what makes this complicated.

essentially what he needs is a loan.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] so if you are trusting and you think the bears have no shot, then would you be willing to risk 13000 that the bears won't win the superbowl? ill give you 1000 if they don't

by your admission thats a free 1000$

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he hasn't already taken significant action on this proposition? Also, if he wanted more action on this proposition, it wouldn't be tough to get better odds than what you're offering, regardless what he feels the "true odds" are.