Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

are you a better person?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Yeah, it's a messy post, but I'll take the embarrassment, please. The first mistake I made was quoting any particular post from the "opposing" side, for sure.

However, apparently I misunderstand the relationship between "white-collar crime" and "legal fuzziness," because afaik said fuzziness arises from companies and lobbyists buying off and instructing politicians, whether through campaign donations or more direct means. Obviously, that's part of life -- but trying to defend the process on its merits is just ridiculous.

I brought up cheating at poker because I've heard/read many times that if you're not pushing the boundaries of the law on Wall Street, you're not playing the game properly, which isn't true wrt poker/poker players.

I don't see how you fail to appreciate the undertone of "everybody does it"/"it's no big deal" throughout this thread (except from the OP, who only said it once iirc, for which I respect him deeply). I clearly should have structured my post differently because that is the idea I'm directing my diatribe towards, ultimately.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM

xx, great thread!

Could you tell us about when you first got out of prison. What was the first thing you did? Did you have to live in a half-way house for a short amount of time?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM

freak,

Before I went in I was probably over-confident bordering on arrogant. Not a braggart by any means, but generally demanding of the people that worked for me and a small tolerance for incompetency. Yo will definitely hear about it if you cut in front of me or my pizza was delivered cold. Somehow I was a able to greatly tone it down before I went in. And now, the though I will still speak up probably before the next guy, people jave cut in front of me without so much as a dirty look by me. I guess i "mellowed".

Lucky,

One of the wrong reasons my gf and I stayed together past the point we should have was being concerned on how new women would react to my past.

I remember in light conversations when I was asked what I did I would say, "I sold my share of a financial firm to my partners, then I was able to travel to places I never imagined". Though technically true, it did not make things easy with the first 2 women that I went out with 3 times. I ended up chickening out and ending things before the 4th. The next one I was interested in I told her on the first date when we were hitting it off. I figured , eff it, if things progress she will have to know anyway. I was surprised at how in stride she responded. Not a condescending "that doesnt bother me" but a more not shocked and actually asked the right questions. We dated for a few months. My current gf I have been with for 5 months, and told her the 2nd date, to more or less the same receptive response.

Kills,

I wouldnt say better, but others might. I am sure not just a few would consider me a dick to work for. The demanding and aggressive part of my personality back then is much less evident. However, I now wait an hour to be seated in some restaurants.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM

nut,

I was hoping to be on work release(Mosst inmate are not elfible for WR, but I was non-violent 1st timer) after 15 months. I was approved by the facility, than had to wait a week for the state to sign off. During that time AI received my on ticket for a little to much touching in the visit room with my gf. The sate said due to my ticket to apply again in 60 days, the time of my parole.

I actually got ordered to move down to work release the same day I was approved by the parole board at 18 months in(I would be actually paroled 2 months after the board at 20 months).

So I did 18 months in prison, 2 months work release. Work release was in Manhattan where I would start working at, or finding a job during the day and have to be back at 8pm. After a few weeks I would be able to sleep home 2 nights, then 4 nights (I was paroled before I goto 4 nights).

My first day out, my gf who ws living in Philly at the time got a nice room at the Plaza. We ate pizza from room service and made love all day.