Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-25-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

What did you miss the most about normal life when you were in prison?
Was it better or worse than you thought it would be?
What part of your life changed the most from before to after you got out of prison?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:58 AM

Some stupid ppl in this thread, I believe you OP!

Cool stories.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:23 AM

If you had to, do you believe you could have escaped the prison you were in?

Obviously you would be a fool to try with a sentence as short as yours but I'm still curious as to your thoughts on this.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to jail is evidence that you broke the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is simply flat out wrong, 100%.

Going to jail is evidence only that he was convincted of a crime, not that he committed it. www.dictionary.com and then look up "evidence"
Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 AM

xx44,

You are in the most hardcore gang there is!

You think any other gang has an initiation where they cut their [censored] at 8 days old, that is str8 hood.

Talking about gang history, man you have got 5000+ history beat that Latin Kings.

You think other gangs have tough rules, there is 613 things you may or may not do, now that is some real gangsta [censored] right there.

You think any other gang has the style, man i cant tell bloods from crips, but you give me a man wearing a yarmulke and Tzitzis and i know he is legit.

I only have one thing to say to you, my brother from another mother.

Respek.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:06 AM

Has anyone mentioned Boiler Room? Definitely thought of that movie when reading OP.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:34 AM

OP, thanks for making this thread and good luck with your life and future endeavors.

FlyWf et al - you suck and your life likely sucks or will suck more than prison.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 AM

how do i put this in a nice way, kneeco and everyone one else debating whether or not the op broke the law

give it a rest!

op,

please post more cool stories like the one about the phone and the crazy inmate in the yard.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The owner of the firm where i was a branch mgr, was in bed with stockpromoters (guys who paid to have their stock recommended) . The da thought my office was involved as well. After 6 months of our lawyers basically proving we were not, the da finally relented, and agreed wew were not part of that,but still needed his pound of flesh and charged us with sales practice violations.Before the trial at worst they would be civil penalties, but the da invoked them as criminal

[/ QUOTE ]

Does someone get civil penalties for not breaking the law or for breaking the law? I honestly don't know.

To the OP, this is an amazing thread. I love the crazy stories that end up alright for you. I will admit, some of the stuff you've said, you have about 10 times the balls that I do. Asking the roommate to turn down his radio.. BALLS!! That's crazy!

So, I know everyone's thinking it, but no one's said it yet, so here goes. Are there opportunities to pleasure one's self in jail? Like, if your roommate heads out for a minute, can you whip it out and take care of business real quick before he gets back?

I guess I'm asking, "How does masturbation work in jail?"
Old 11-25-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What were the charges specifically? Securities fraud?

I think those of you arguing the likelihood of his guilt are also missing the legal fuzziness of a lot of white collar crime, as a lot of it originates from some scheme that is borderline legal and borderline ethical to begin with or operates on some kind of loophole.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP said he wasn't "lily-white," he was aggressive. As for the notion that "white-collar crime" isn't as bad as other crimes, feel free to believe it. I'll feel free to think you're an idiot. Legality and ethics are almost mutually exclusive, especially in this day and age and in this country.

Do you all cheat at the poker table? Do you believe that if you aren't pushing the boundaries wrt cheating, you're not doing it right? I doubt it. I have no idea what aggressive really means, whether that's profiting from inside information (i.e., a hookup based on your upbringing/socioeconomic status/insider-ness, or that of your co-workers) or just taking risks wrt gray areas in the law. However, I'm pretty [censored] sure that an aspect of the risk you're taking is what happened to the OP.

Do I think he deserved it? I don't know enough about high finance to say, but it sounds like he got screwed at least a little. Have others gotten away with a lot worse in this arena? Undoubtedly. Is "everybody does it" a defense? Hell no. I'm astonished by the fact that an argument that never worked on anyone's parents when they were children is the rationalization for all sorts of behavior as adults. People do what they feel they have to do to survive/thrive, and I don't (necessarily) blame them for that. But to believe, as many seem to, that there shouldn't be/aren't consequences for those choices? I thought the average 2p2er was smarter than that. Unless, of course, the "trust-fund" comment posted earlier is closer to the truth than I realize. Or perhaps what I've often wondered about the "cheat-code"/"god-mode" generation is true -- that you can rationalize anything. You know, like chicks do.

I'm glad OP made it through safely, I really am. As for the rest of you trollers who oppose us "anti-" trollers, I humbly submit that this is probably not the only area of the law in which the legal system and the prison system are all [censored] up, and in fact one might be able to find much more egregious examples, with much further-reaching consequences. And that's our point. If you're basing your argument on your personal narrow perspective (omg that's so terrible, it could happen to one of my friends/daddy/me?!?), at least admit it.

Also, much respect to OP for not feeling sorry for himself in his statements.