Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Ghosting Euro Poker Rooms Idea - Access to new juicy games!

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't ethically that far off from having MDMA coach me and tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

During a coaching session will he tell you what to do for every single action you take? Will he coach you for every action you take every single time you log on to play for the whole period your account is active?

EDIT: Would you consider it unethical if you got into a grudge match situation with someone (the first HSNL name I thought of was recallme); but during the match you actually are playing Krantz (second name I thought of) after recallme sold him the use of the account for it?

Obv, the above is 100% hypotethical but it should be clear the point I am trying to make.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM

Haha, ok grammar police ban lifted m8 ;-).

You are probably right about it being unethical. However, in a way it is a lot like many of the training sites. In particular doesn't Real Poker Training ghost students on both cash games and tournaments?

It is obv entirely different to either multi-accounting or colluding. In a way you are simply creating an account on a site that a US player could not previously play on and acting as thier asssitant to press the buttons. Really it is just an extension of the blind player (Hal Lebrowski - sp?) in the WSOP this year with his assistant calling out the cards to him. Take it a step further and pretend a paralysed player genius wanted to enter the competition - persumably he would use a similar assistant to physically place the chips in the pot for him and follow his action commands?

What I would consider unethical is selling your account to a pro or using your current screename / account which your opponnents may already have notes on and experience against.

Essentially I would have thought it is simply providing a legitamite service. no?

Thoughts?

R.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't ethically that far off from having MDMA coach me and tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

During a coaching session will he tell you what to do for every single action you take? Will he coach you for every action you take every single time you log on to play for the whole period your account is active?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, ask MDMA. It's still not far off.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Would you consider it unethical if you got into a grudge match situation with someone (the first HSNL name I thought of was recallme); but during the match you actually are playing Krantz (second name I thought of) after recallme sold him the use of the account for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would consider this unethical.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am still undecided on the ethics of the whole project, though I am leaning towards it not being a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaning on the issue eh? I'll straighten ya up - it's 100% unethical.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, ok grammar police ban lifted m8 ;-).

You are probably right about it being unethical. However, in a way it is a lot like many of the training sites. In particular doesn't Real Poker Training ghost students on both cash games and tournaments?

It is obv entirely different to either multi-accounting or colluding. In a way you are simply creating an account on a site that a US player could not previously play on and acting as thier asssitant to press the buttons. Really it is just an extension of the blind player (Hal Lebrowski - sp?) in the WSOP this year with his assistant calling out the cards to him. Take it a step further and pretend a paralysed player genius wanted to enter the competition - persumably he would use a similar assistant to physically place the chips in the pot for him and follow his action commands?

What I would consider unethical is selling your account to a pro or using your current screename / account which your opponnents may already have notes on and experience against.

Essentially I would have thought it is simply providing a legitamite service. no?

Thoughts?

R.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the most basic level, should there be NO responsibillity or expectation that one observes a site's terms and conditions when opening an account? Is it not reasonable that the details regeistered with a site are true and accurate and the actual account holder is the one pushing the buttons?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:19 AM

I am not talking about breaking any rules. The intention is that everything would be fully above board.

There are ghosting training sites that currently exist operating fully within each sites T&C's. e.g. Real Poker Training.

These sites are even endorsed by many of the big poker forums.

It is intended as a way around the international gaming law T&C's rather than a way around site actual gameplay T&C's that might infringe on other player's ability to play a fair game. In a way it is actually a benefit for the sites too as they get more high action players on their sites.

The player restrictions are based on law (ban on US players) rather than gameplay, I guess that's my point here.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 AM

NB: I am not promoting breaking any laws or T&C's of any sites or international laws. The thread is merely intended to explore possible legal and ethical options. The idea spawned as a possible extension to current training programs.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ethical and risk free imo

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 11:56 AM

Noone you dont know personally is going to agree to this, because if you win big, there is a decent % chance that you will just run away with $50000+