Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Worst acts of banroll management you have ever seen....

I was playing in a tournyand during one of the breaks I saw a buddy of mine (who was in tho tournament) donk off $13,000 at the craps table.

I thought to myself, "wow I didnt know he was pumped up like that....." He storms back into the Fontana Lounge and busts out of the tournament 10 minutes later. He leaves without even saying bye/complaining to me. Doing so would have been standard.

I get a phone call the next day from another buddy of mine saying that friend #1 was going around the Bellagio early in the morning asking people to put him in satellites.

true story....
Old 11-04-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Worst acts of banroll management you have ever seen....

bluescouse
Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM

Me playing craps @ 5am after the Rhino...drunk..high....and well....gg $9k of $13k I brought to Vegas.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing in a tournyand during one of the breaks I saw a buddy of mine (who was in tho tournament) donk off $13,000 at the craps table.

I thought to myself, "wow I didnt know he was pumped up like that....." He storms back into the Fontana Lounge and busts out of the tournament 10 minutes later. He leaves without even saying bye/complaining to me. Doing so would have been standard.

I get a phone call the next day from another buddy of mine saying that friend #1 was going around the Bellagio early in the morning asking people to put him in satellites.

true story....

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't live in Vegas do you? That is ridiculously standard.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 AM

I know a then low limit online player who was rolled for the limits he played.

One night back in the day he is drunk at home and watching the 50/100 on UB where Prahlad is playing heads up (with GreenPlastic perhaps).

He decides to sit in with his whole roll of ~$5k 'as a joke' but I guess they had high speed tables or something because he winds up accidentally posting the big blind.

No big deal he thinks, he'll just play super nitty for his 3 hands and then leave.

First hand Prah pots in the SB, hero calls with maybe AT in big blind.

Flop is something like T63, maybe with a flush draw.

Prah open-shoves. Hero calls. Prah's QQ holds up.

100% bankroll loss in less than a minute.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Ha wow, crazy story, was it you? It reminds me of a story a friend of mine on UB told me a coupla years ago with Prahlad and this guy (i'll call him Rob) we both played with occasionallu in our low stakes games... This guy Rob for some reason sat with his whole bankroll (penny omaha player) which was somehow like $1000-ish, at a 10-25nl table that Prahlad was at, and was trash talking Prahlad and stuff, for what reason I don't know, but telling him he sucked and whatever. So this friend of mine goes to this Rob guy's other table (he is playing 2 playchip tables) and goads him into sitting in and playing, saying "I'll tell you what to do in each hand!"... it somehow works and results in this guy sitting and playing (I think 6 handed) with Prahlad and other players with his whole bankroll, while STILL playing his 2 playchip tables, and I guess my friend keeps telling him to checkraise all-in on a bunch of flops. One funny thing is that Rob is actually typing in what hands he has in the chat at the playchip tables so that my friend knows what he has. Anyway over 10 minutes or something he builds up a few hundred bucks, and finally checkraises all-in on like 99x flop with JJ, Prahlad calls with QQ and busts his roll.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:25 AM

Prahlad always has QQ. Rigged.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prahlad always has QQ. Rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg
Old 11-04-2007, 02:44 AM

can we please turn this topic into stories of peoples friends getting their bankroll busted by prahlad's QQ

and then after like 20 pages taylor comes in and tells a story of him busting prahalds roll with QQ
Old 11-04-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He decides to sit in with his whole roll of ~$5k 'as a joke' but I guess they had high speed tables or something because he winds up accidentally posting the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

been there done that, happened at a 75-150 O8 table. 1st hand scooped $750 pot but did i leave, nope. tried to finish the round and lost 1.5k, then tilted off another 1k heads-up w/ ELKY. painful night that night. god i hate gavin griffen, even though he didn't take a single dollar off me.