Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: HU 25/50 really weird spot deep

true, but does it have to be a mirror image to show what brian is capable of?

could you ever put brian on 2 black kings in that spot?

whatever, i'm not going to split hairs with you guys.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and i'm still going with my twighlight zone read here and maybe putting brian on 2 red kings here too. i know, stupid read but i seen brian get really stupid when he tilts. the only difference between now and "then".......he doesnt suckout from the twighlight zone like he used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will never, never have two red kings here unless he has a flush to go along with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

your wrong.

i once saw sbrugby play a hand at 200/400 plo against antonius. everyone folds to patrik in the sb. patrik raises brian in the bb. brian reraises, patrik calls. the flop comes all diamonds with ace of diamonds on the flop. patrik checks, brian bets, patrik raises, brian re raises, patrik calls. turn is a king. patrik bets, brian goes all in, patrik calls. brian has 2 black kings, patrik has 3rd nut flush.

of course the river pairs the board and brian takes down a 170k pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA raises in the SB (I have nothing)
ABA reraises (I have nothing but I'm in position)
PA calls (this guy has nothing I can't be far behind)

Flop is all diamonds

PA checks (he's betting every flop so i'll c/r)
aba bets (I have position and I was checked to)
PA raises (aba had to bet so I will raise)
ABA reraises (PA will reraise with anything because I will bet with anything)
PA calls (ok I'll call and take it away on the turn)

Turn is a king

PA Bets (haha I has him now, we're not deep enough for him to raise as a bluff)
ABA raises all-in (zomg I actually have a hand!)
PA calls (I finally looked at my cards and I have a flush!)

Board pairs on river

Aba scoops.

An on they go to play the next hand...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and i'm still going with my twighlight zone read here and maybe putting brian on 2 red kings here too. i know, stupid read but i seen brian get really stupid when he tilts. the only difference between now and "then".......he doesnt suckout from the twighlight zone like he used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will never, never have two red kings here unless he has a flush to go along with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

your wrong.

i once saw sbrugby play a hand at 200/400 plo against antonius. everyone folds to patrik in the sb. patrik raises brian in the bb. brian reraises, patrik calls. the flop comes all diamonds with ace of diamonds on the flop. patrik checks, brian bets, patrik raises, brian re raises, patrik calls. turn is a king. patrik bets, brian goes all in, patrik calls. brian has 2 black kings, patrik has 3rd nut flush.

of course the river pairs the board and brian takes down a 170k pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA raises in the SB (I have nothing)
ABA reraises (I have nothing but I'm in position)
PA calls (this guy has nothing I can't be far behind)

Flop is all diamonds

PA checks (he's betting every flop so i'll c/r)
aba bets (I have position and I was checked to)
PA raises (aba had to bet so I will raise)
ABA reraises (PA will reraise with anything because I will bet with anything)
PA calls (ok I'll call and take it away on the turn)

Turn is a king

PA Bets (haha I has him now, we're not deep enough for him to raise as a bluff)
ABA raises all-in (zomg I actually have a hand!)
PA calls (I finally looked at my cards and I have a flush!)

Board pairs on river

Aba scoops.

An on they go to play the next hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i guess so but i know that hand pissed off patrik because him and brian played 200/400 plo heads up minutes after that hand and patrik crushed him
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 AM

Does anyone else really hate the turn bet? Because I'm not a real big fan of it. I'd like to see some bluff line where OP would be the last bettor/raiser because this way our opponent can very profitably and "cheaply" play his flush on turn. He can actually valueraise vs some of the semibluff-hands we might have (the ones we have here) as opposed to a situation where no worse hand would call.
And whats happening on the turn when we bet is that we are going to end up with 7500$ in the middle as a ~5-1 dog which is not something I'm very happy about. With more money its a very good bet because it puts a lot more pressure on our opponent for the reasons stated above. The opponents flop play really reeks of "i call plz dont pair the board".
The flop 3bet size is sorta meh too because it leads to this turn spot where stack-sizes suck for any other option than check. Like people earlier stated about semibluffing with topset in spots like these I wouldn't be too pissed to commit myself on the flop with a bigger raise and call with ~33% vs doing it on the turn with 17%.
[ QUOTE ]

Brian understands that against your turn c/r calling range, he'd much rather have a set then a low flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

With these stacks I'd much rather c/r the turn with a low-med flush than a set, especially since Brian cant have the Kc as a blocker and because the stacks pretty much force gordo to call with anything except air. And air isnt shoving river or doing anything silly which involves putting more money in the pot.
And I'm not 100% sure about this but I'd guess this much money wouldn't go in unless a) someone had the nutflush b) someone had the nut blocker, which means that it doesnt really matter if Brian has a 6-high flush or a Q-high flush. Correct me if this is way off.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else really hate the turn bet? Because I'm not a real big fan of it. I'd like to see some bluff line where OP would be the last bettor/raiser because this way our opponent can very profitably and "cheaply" play his flush on turn. He can actually valueraise vs some of the semibluff-hands we might have (the ones we have here) as opposed to a situation where no worse hand would call.
And whats happening on the turn when we bet is that we are going to end up with 7500$ in the middle as a ~5-1 dog which is not something I'm very happy about. With more money its a very good bet because it puts a lot more pressure on our opponent for the reasons stated above. The opponents flop play really reeks of "i call plz dont pair the board".
The flop 3bet size is sorta meh too because it leads to this turn spot where stack-sizes suck for any other option than check. Like people earlier stated about semibluffing with topset in spots like these I wouldn't be too pissed to commit myself on the flop with a bigger raise and call with ~33% vs doing it on the turn with 17%.
[ QUOTE ]

Brian understands that against your turn c/r calling range, he'd much rather have a set then a low flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

With these stacks I'd much rather c/r the turn with a low-med flush than a set, especially since Brian cant have the Kc as a blocker and because the stacks pretty much force gordo to call with anything except air. And air isnt shoving river or doing anything silly which involves putting more money in the pot.
And I'm not 100% sure about this but I'd guess this much money wouldn't go in unless a) someone had the nutflush b) someone had the nut blocker, which means that it doesnt really matter if Brian has a 6-high flush or a Q-high flush. Correct me if this is way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

the line that I took here is the line that I almost always take with the nuts, and Brian knows this.

In other news, for the last time, I cant c/r the turn. Otherwise, I clearly would have done it as it is IMO the optimal play to rep the nuts.