Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-24-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Curious what his answer would be if he were asked of the top 20 TOURNAMENT players how many would be internet players

[/ QUOTE ]
thats even easier , another 0 though, it's also probably the only time these HU/6 maxers play 9-10 handed too

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be a level, right ?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the very big, live game, full table NLH games, how many players who are, or were, considered mainly internet players, would be among the top twenty best players, playing that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone tried to make a list of these top twenty players? Can we find out who everyone thinks is the twenty best live full ring deep high limit players or whatever.

Also then can we flip this around and see how many of them would make it in an online 200/400 6max game.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the very big, live game, full table NLH games, how many players who are, or were, considered mainly internet players, would be among the top twenty best players, playing that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone tried to make a list of these top twenty players? Can we find out who everyone thinks is the twenty best live full ring deep high limit players or whatever.

Also then can we flip this around and see how many of them would make it in an online 200/400 6max game.

[/ QUOTE ]

then there would be less attention for OP ducy
Old 11-24-2007, 04:40 PM

the problem with this question/thread is that it is in anyone's best interest who has a "spot" on this list to say what the people who create this game would want to hear.

if you were patrik antonius or brandon adams, and you had access to a very juicy game, and telling the rest of the world just how juicy it was and how bad people play might put at risk your invitation to the game and/or cause better players to show up to the game, what would you say??

i'm just speculating here, as all of us are, but i mean i wouldn't blame these guys for protecting their seat in the game and the reputation of the people who are just giving them money.

all that said, i will try to get into the game at the 5 diamond. i'm going to get in contact with gabe and see if i can get a session in. i'll post on here or on my blog about my thoughts on the game. i'm cetainly not going to be making anyone look bad, but i'll give my opinion on the overall strength of the game/players.

tc

ps - i might sell off some of my action. PM if interested (must know you).
Old 11-24-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So here is my version of calling David out: As the face of poker theory, what makes you think 2000 or so hands in a live poker environment for an online player is going to change anything? What are you hoping to get out of this?

It just seems so very dumb that this much attention has spawned over live poker. Once again I think Brandon Adams has everything just about spot on, and David Sklansky has only served to generate gossip and traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I'm sure that was his goal in the first place. I imagine Sklansky almost certainly does not think that the games actually happening will prove anything one way or the other; however, if they happened, people would probably talk about them a [censored] on here, and then that's more views.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with this question/thread is that it is in anyone's best interest who has a "spot" on this list to say what the people who create this game would want to hear.

if you were patrik antonius or brandon adams, and you had access to a very juicy game, and telling the rest of the world just how juicy it was and how bad people play might put at risk your invitation to the game and/or cause better players to show up to the game, what would you say??

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt they just say no comment then or not post...i dont see how giving a false statement or making a false post would have any more benefit then staying quiet
Old 11-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Remember That The Juicier Big Live Games Will Be Accessible Now

[ QUOTE ]
Unlike the majority of the year when the game at the Bellagio or Venetian starts full with a list, the Bellagio tournament means 24 hour games with weaker players more randomly dispersed. A perfect opportunity to make these guys eat their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you a live player primarily David? Why are you stirring the internet pot when i certainly don't see you sitting in the internet games?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So here is my version of calling David out: ....... What are you hoping to get out of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy answer imo.
David wants the online players to clean out/monkey tilt all the best players in the big live game so he can come in after and have the fish all to himself. Very +EV.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt they just say no comment then or not post...i dont see how giving a false statement or making a false post would have any more benefit then staying quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say for example, there was a very rich player who liked to play a certain game. let's say that, even though he has lost millions of dollars in the game and the game pretty much only runs that high when he is in town, everyone that plays him calls him "fearless" and "one of the best in the world," and that he is hands down the toughest player to play.

can you see how this would be better than simply saying nothing at all, and how this would prolong his stay at the game, even though he is losing millions of dollars in it?

poker is very much an ego game. the guys that lose a lot of money want to have fun and compete, but they didn't get to where they are in life by being "losers." they truly want to believe they are good and can win, and when they admit to themselves that they have no chance, they will move on to something else.

tc
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Don't forget to bring a camera and make a cardrunners vid. And yes, we expect you to commentate at the table in real time.