Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: a hand vs PA, 200/400 HU

It wasnt really the legislation that made me stop playing high stakes. It was the 40-50k daily swings i was experiencing. This was fine during the summer, but when i went back to school for senior year of college, it became evident that going out 4 or 5 nights a week and class did not mix with beating high stakes online poker. I cashed out most of my money before the legislation even hit.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:27 AM

will krantz ever post results?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
will krantz ever post results?

[/ QUOTE ]I DON'T THINK HE EVER, EVER, WILL.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 AM

IF HE DID HE PROBABLY BLOCKED YOU FROM READING THEM
Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i called the turn planning on betting if he checked and calling most rivers. but then i changed my mind, partly due to bet size, and folded.

in looking more closely at this hand, i should have called - not because my hand was certainly good (like a bunch of you said, flip a coin), but because it would turn out to be a longgggg match...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i called the turn planning on betting if he checked and calling most rivers. but then i changed my mind, partly due to bet size, and folded.

in looking more closely at this hand, i should have called - not because my hand was certainly good (like a bunch of you said, flip a coin), but because it would turn out to be a longgggg match...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but what did PA have? why wont Krantz post results???
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM

hi,

little late in here. What you say about PA C/R the flop all the time is consistent with my view of how he plays. also he continues with almost his entire range on turn. I have never played anyone who has such high frequency in this. its pretty amazing that he will contiune to do this pot after pot after pot....

One thing tho: He tends overplays hands when stacks get deep. From what ive played and seen of him he doesnt adjust when the stacks get deep. That said he will bet any flush, 6, 4, and bluff.

I dont know what to do here... probably fold but i would be very curious...
Old 11-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Also if we are folding an 8 high flush here, isnt this an insanely profitable spot for PA to bluff his entire range. Based on the action isnt it kinda hard for Krantz to have a boat any decent percentage of the time.

Whats the minimum we call him with?

It just feels that if PA controls these pots we are a dog in the match. This is most definitely not a comment about krantz's play but just a comment how these spots play into the overall match. Or is this spot so unique that it doesnt really affect our profitability in this match? Or am I way off here?

Anyway great post krantz, also nice to see some decent discussion for a change.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi,

little late in here. What you say about PA C/R the flop all the time is consistent with my view of how he plays. also he continues with almost his entire range on turn. I have never played anyone who has such high frequency in this. its pretty amazing that he will contiune to do this pot after pot after pot....

One thing tho: He tends overplays hands when stacks get deep. From what ive played and seen of him he doesnt adjust when the stacks get deep. That said he will bet any flush, 6, 4, and bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, if PA is routinely overplaying some hands when stacks get deeper, couldnt this tactic make him much tougher to play (even though it should be a leak). Especially at HU nosebleed stakes online, because most players are never going to be comfortable with the stakes in the first place.

And by being know as somewhat of an over-player isnt it going to force ppl to play much bigger pots in many more marginal spots often OOP. At stakes where they are not entirely comfortable in the first place.

If they adjust by looking up multiple streets too light PA is obviously going to profit but on the other hand if they allow him to run the game over and take down a majority of small pots then PA crushes anyway. Maybe Im stating the obvious but it seems something you mention as a hole in his game just makes him infinitely more difficult to play HU or extreme shorthanded.

It just seems whatever you do PA is forcing you to play his match, by making you adjust to him and by controlling most hands.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, if PA is routinely overplaying some hands when stacks get deeper, couldnt this tactic make him much tougher to play (even though it should be a leak). Especially at HU nosebleed stakes online, because most players are never going to be comfortable with the stakes in the first place.

And by being know as somewhat of an over-player isnt it going to force ppl to play much bigger pots in many more marginal spots often OOP. At stakes where they are not entirely comfortable in the first place.

If they adjust by looking up multiple streets too light PA is obviously going to profit but on the other hand if they allow him to run the game over and take down a majority of small pots then PA crushes anyway. Maybe Im stating the obvious but it seems something you mention as a hole in his game just makes him infinitely more difficult to play HU or extreme shorthanded.

It just seems whatever you do PA is forcing you to play his match, by making you adjust to him and by controlling most hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes him very tough to play. But its def a leak as i see it:

disgusting play by PA