Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/12 - Show Open)

[ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lederer's re-steal would be poor against most players (Phil had put in 1/3 of his stack), but Hellmuth has certainly folded in these situations before. But Hellmuth's schtick really makes me wonder if he actually understands the re-steal. And this is by no means a "new internet concept", Doyle spelled it out in SS1 - you steal, steal, steal, and then when you get called you're a 2-1 dog but you're freerolling with all the chips you've stolen. Phil certainly makes a point of deliberately ignoring this in his "he thought K8 suited was winning" style rants, at the very least.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:23 PM

maybe out of league is too harsh, but certainly worse. they both seem to ante away chips early, and Hellmuth is more concerned with having the best hand hold up then accumulating chips. When he does raise with marginal holdings he gets raised off of them or taken away on flop. Nobody raised Ivey's limps light because they know he can come over the top with nothing or defend in pos., hellmuth will just fold. All of his dark checking and pot control poker makes it much harder for him to bluff or get any value.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or does Shana look pregnant? It looks like there's something going on under that big dress.

[/ QUOTE ]

i noticed a couple of months ago just by the size of her breasts. i think that outfit she is wearing this week confirms it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Shana's pregnant i'll confirm it because i'm the father
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM

I just can't believe how terrible Hellmuth is on PAD. He seems to deliberately play in a style that will always keep him one bad beat away from Shana. It's like he hates chips, he plays in a way that minimizes the chance of him even lucking into a win.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a classic hand between Hellmuth and Howard that you guys will love. (I think it;s from tonight's episode. Since they screwed up the videos, I just watched it now.) I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but it's must see TV. With Hansen's side-bet jacking up the drama, it's a full value hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was bad play on howard's part. phil is right, howard does play blind-induced poker, the problem is so does hellmuth. he waits around for his double up like he said, which will only happen when the blinds go high and he's covered, hoping to be 2-1+ fav. Ivey and Gus seem to play the right way looking to amass chip leads or go home (of course Gus is always freerolling thx to hellmuth).has Hellmuth ever had more then 25k in any of these shows? Hellmuth and Harman always seem so out of their league on these shows imo. It is somewhat unfair, however, when the best, run the best too, Ivey didn't seem to miss anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
well its not that hard to amass chips if u get hands to reraise or trap with...
Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't believe how terrible Hellmuth is on PAD. He seems to deliberately play in a style that will always keep him one bad beat away from Shana. It's like he hates chips, he plays in a way that minimizes the chance of him even lucking into a win.

[/ QUOTE ] yea its pretty horrible. What he says doesnt even make sense. He talks about limping with huge hands to trap them but he limps with Q5 and 33 and then gives a SO SICK speech and folds every time.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:07 AM

Why was this the 1st show taped, but now aired to now? and I dont think shana is pregs, becuase by now she would have much larger bulge or already given birth since they talk about hellmuths 10 bracelet wins, which he got his 11th after the show was taped, so the recording must have taken place before the 2007 WSOP.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was this the 1st show taped, but now aired to now? and I dont think shana is pregs, becuase by now she would have much larger bulge or already given birth since they talk about hellmuths 10 bracelet wins, which he got his 11th after the show was taped, so the recording must have taken place before the 2007 WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

the shoot a whole season pretty quickly - one or two weeks, tops.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shana's pregnant i'll confirm it because i'm the father

[/ QUOTE ]
how is she in the sack? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]