Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: scar stories

[ QUOTE ]
I have a scar that's about three inches long on the right side of my stomach that I got when I was like five years old.

My mother, younger sister, and I were just returning from the grocery store, and they were inside while I was horsing around in the car. I climbed out the driver's side window (a la the Dukes of Hazzard), but decided that it was too far to jump. So I climbed onto the windshield with the intention of sliding down onto the hood on my belly, and eventually reaching the ground.

The only impediment to execution of this plan was that the antenna on our car had been snapped off some weeks before, leaving just a rather jagged edge of metal protruding out of the disc-shaped base. I slid right over that and cut my stomach open pretty good.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

it sounds like you've had some SERIOUS-ASS scar troubles.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:03 PM

I have 3 scars from back surgery, one from my neck about 18 inches straight down my spine, 1 is on my left side from my side about 12 inches to my spine, under my armpit, and a small one on my right low back about 1-2 inches where they had the "chest tube" exit for the surgery.

I was camping on an island in the middle of a river. All younger people and it's a big party every weekend during the summer, 150+ people every weekend. Anyways, it's the summer after graduating highschool, and I pretty much lived on this island for the summer (I had my dad's boat for the summer) and most of the weekend regulars knew me pretty good. So one night we had a fire and there were probably 30 or 40 kids 18-25 years old, all drunk or close, 2 guys I didn't know were throwing a football around, and one of them throws it and it rolls to my feet. I pick it up and throw it back to this guy, he says "nice ball, do you play [football]?" I'm about to say something and 1 of my friends jumps up and says to this guy "don't you know who he is, he was the starting quarterback for Michigan U" (I was wearing a MU sweatshirt, and no, I wasn't the QB.) The guy walks over to me and I decide to go along with it. He asked what happened and I said "look" pulled up my shirt so he saw the scars along with everyone else by the fire, and told him I had my back broke in 3 spots by being tackled. He seemed to believe every word, as well as a lot of the girls, since I didn't sleep alone in my tent the rest of the summer!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a scar that's about three inches long on the right side of my stomach that I got when I was like five years old.

My mother, younger sister, and I were just returning from the grocery store, and they were inside while I was horsing around in the car. I climbed out the driver's side window (a la the Dukes of Hazzard), but decided that it was too far to jump. So I climbed onto the windshield with the intention of sliding down onto the hood on my belly, and eventually reaching the ground.

The only impediment to execution of this plan was that the antenna on our car had been snapped off some weeks before, leaving just a rather jagged edge of metal protruding out of the disc-shaped base. I slid right over that and cut my stomach open pretty good.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

it sounds like you've had some SERIOUS-ASS scar troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

This never gets old. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-McGee
Old 11-13-2007, 08:54 PM

I've got a scar on the back of my head that runs from lower left ear to just about the middle of my right ear.

I was working as a carpenters laborer when I was kid in high school. I was climbing up a ladder and I slipped and fell about four feet to the ground, backwards and headfirst. Luckily there were some of those cinder blocks there to break my fall. I remember looking up at the ladder and it looked like a tuning fork that had been struck.

I woke up in the hospital like an hour later. I put a gash in my head that took 26 staples and 56 stitches to close. When the doctor was sewing my up he help a mirror up behind me and gave me one. To this day I'm the only person I know whos actually seen their own skull.

The next summer I was in boot camp getting the famous haircut. The barber cutting my hair get about half way done and yells out holy [censored] come here and take a look at this. The Senior DI comes over to take a look and gave me the nickname half brain, which I had to endure for my entire stay at boot camp.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM

I have gross pics (NSFW duh)
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM

I got one on my chin, dunno what it's doing there but I notice it when I shave.

To the guy with graphite in his hand... pssh. I used to work a bar and I have a couple bits of glass firmly stuck in my hands, like round the base of the fingers. Occasionally when I open a door or something twisty the little sacs of fluid/fibre around the shards break and I feel my hand being cut from the inside out. I was paranoid for a while that one of them would go up my arm and into my brain or something ridiculous.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM

Let's see...

there's the five inch zipper on my left knee, when I exploded my patellar tendon.

there's the other five inch zipper on my left ankle, when I tore my achilles tendon.

There's a small one on the top of my right wrist, where I had a pin inserted to fix the hand I broke in a fight.

I have one in my groin from the time my heart stopped in surgery and they did an emergency heart catheter. That was fun.

I have a cool one that's fading fast from last year's neck surgery- they used super glue on it and you can barely see it now.

My best story is the one on my right knee. I was riding my bike (age 12) on a down hill curve. I cut from the inside to the outside of the road, right in front of a car. Somehow, I didn't get hit, and hit the dirt before I hit the guardrail, which would've pitched me down a wooded hill. Instead, I slid under the rail and hella tore myself up. Pulled an inch long rock out of my knee.

Good Times
Old 11-13-2007, 10:00 PM

Once upon a time there was a dear little girl who was loved by every one who looked at her, but most of all by her grandmother, and there was nothing that she would not have given to the child. Once she gave her a little cap of red velvet, which suited her so well that she would never wear anything else. So she was always called Scar.

One day her mother said to her, "Come, Scar, here is a piece of cake and a bottle of wine. Take them to your grandmother, she is ill and weak, and they will do her good. Set out before it gets hot, and when you are going, walk nicely and quietly and do not run off the path, or you may fall and break the bottle, and then your grandmother will get nothing. And when you go into her room, don't forget to say, good-morning, and don't peep into every corner before you do it."

I will take great care, said Scar to her mother, and gave her hand on it.

The grandmother lived out in the wood, half a league from the village, and just as Scar entered the wood, a wolf met her. Scar did not know what a wicked creature he was, and was not at all afraid of him.

"Good-day, Scar," said he.

"Thank you kindly, wolf."

"Whither away so early, Scar?"

"To my grandmother's."

"What have you got in your apron?"

"Cake and wine. Yesterday was baking-day, so poor sick grandmother is to have something good, to make her stronger."

"Where does your grandmother live, Scar?"

"A good quarter of a league farther on in the wood. Her house stands under the three large oak-trees, the nut-trees are just below. You surely must know it," replied Scar.

The wolf thought to himself, "What a tender young creature. What a nice plump mouthful, she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both." So he walked for a short time by the side of Scar, and then he said, "see Scar, how pretty the flowers are about here. Why do you not look round. I believe, too, that you do not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing. You walk gravely along as if you were going to school, while everything else out here in the wood is merry."

Scar raised her eyes, and when she saw the sunbeams dancing here and there through the trees, and pretty flowers growing everywhere, she thought, suppose I take grandmother a fresh nosegay. That would please her too. It is so early in the day that I shall still get there in good time. And so she ran from the path into the wood to look for flowers. And whenever she had picked one, she fancied that she saw a still prettier one farther on, and ran after it, and so got deeper and deeper into the wood.

Meanwhile the wolf ran straight to the grandmother's house and knocked at the door.

"Who is there?"

"Scar," replied the wolf. "She is bringing cake and wine. Open the door."

"Lift the latch," called out the grandmother, "I am too weak, and cannot get up."

The wolf lifted the latch, the door sprang open, and without saying a word he went straight to the grandmother's bed, and devoured her. Then he put on her clothes, dressed himself in her cap, laid himself in bed and drew the curtains.

Scar, however, had been running about picking flowers, and when she had gathered so many that she could carry no more, she remembered her grandmother, and set out on the way to her.

She was surprised to find the cottage-door standing open, and when she went into the room, she had such a strange feeling that she said to herself, oh dear, how uneasy I feel to-day, and at other times I like being with grandmother so much.

She called out, "Good morning," but received no answer. So she went to the bed and drew back the curtains. There lay her grandmother with her cap pulled far over her face, and looking very strange.

"Oh, grandmother," she said, "what big ears you have."

"The better to hear you with, my child," was the reply.

"But, grandmother, what big eyes you have," she said.

"The better to see you with, my dear."

"But, grandmother, what large hands you have."

"The better to hug you with."

"Oh, but, grandmother, what a terrible big mouth you have."

"The better to eat you with."

And scarcely had the wolf said this, than with one bound he was out of bed and swallowed up Scar.

When the wolf had appeased his appetite, he lay down again in the bed, fell asleep and began to snore very loud. The huntsman was just passing the house, and thought to himself, how the old woman is snoring. I must just see if she wants anything.

So he went into the room, and when he came to the bed, he saw that the wolf was lying in it. "Do I find you here, you old sinner," said he. "I have long sought you."

Then just as he was going to fire at him, it occurred to him that the wolf might have devoured the grandmother, and that she might still be saved, so he did not fire, but took a pair of scissors, and began to cut open the stomach of the sleeping wolf.

When he had made two snips, he saw the Scar shining, and then he made two snips more, and the little girl sprang out, crying, "Ah, how frightened I have been. How dark it was inside the wolf."

And after that the aged grandmother came out alive also, but scarcely able to breathe. Scar, however, quickly fetched great stones with which they filled the wolf's belly, and when he awoke, he wanted to run away, but the stones were so heavy that he collapsed at once, and fell dead.

Then all three were delighted. The huntsman drew off the wolf's skin and went home with it. The grandmother ate the cake and drank the wine which Scar had brought, and revived, but Scar thought to herself, as long as I live, I will never by myself leave the path, to run into the wood, when my mother has forbidden me to do so.

It is also related that once when Scar was again taking cakes to the old grandmother, another wolf spoke to her, and tried to entice her from the path. Scar, however, was on her guard, and went straight forward on her way, and told her grandmother that she had met the wolf, and that he had said good-morning to her, but with such a wicked look in his eyes, that if they had not been on the public road she was certain he would have eaten her up. "Well," said the grandmother, "we will shut the door, that he may not come in."

Soon afterwards the wolf knocked, and cried, "open the door, grandmother, I am Scar, and am bringing you some cakes."

But they did not speak, or open the door, so the grey-beard stole twice or thrice round the house, and at last jumped on the roof, intending to wait until Scar went home in the evening, and then to steal after her and devour her in the darkness. But the grandmother saw what was in his thoughts. In front of the house was a great stone trough, so she said to the child, take the pail, Scar. I made some sausages yesterday, so carry the water in which I boiled them to the trough. Scar carried until the great trough was quite full. Then the smell of the sausages reached the wolf, and he sniffed and peeped down, and at last stretched out his neck so far that he could no longer keep his footing and began to slip, and slipped down from the roof straight into the great trough, and was drowned. But Scar went joyously home, and no one ever did anything to harm her again.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 PM

tl;dr
Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just Little Red Riding Hood, with Scar replacing her name throughout the whole story.