Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: 200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent.

side note:

there are 8 combinations of AQ
there are 5 combinations of ALL SETS THAT WERE POSSIBLE ON THE FLOP
Old 09-19-2007, 03:54 AM

in fact there are only 10 2-pair combinations that are now ahead of us on the turn (A9 and 89), which means that in total we have:

5+10=15 hands possibly ahead of us on the turn (which have to be discounted down to liek 2 because he never ever plays any of them this way, but i digress)
Old 09-19-2007, 03:55 AM

im really really surprised that everyone is bascially wanting to get it in on the river. why???

i think 88/89/99 make up a huge part of his range here with 89 being most likely given PF.
i see this all the itme - villain rasies flop with his 2 pair, set, draw whatever. he hits nuts on the turn and thinks "i are so tricky, i bet tiny on turn cuz nothing can draw out on me now!! ooooh river, time to get some value!"
also a guy as loose/aggro as villain can be rasing flop with 2nd pair so 9x is def within his range.

you really only beat Ax and i seriosuly doubt that all of the following are true:
1) a 32/25 is flat calling PF with AQ or AJ on the button, and
2) hes raising the flop with AJ/AQ AND betting both the turn and river after you call with your obviously strong hand.
c) if he has some kind of draw, he like never bets turn that weakly.

i like a river fold
Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 AM

on another note, i really don't think analyzing the hand simpling by saying "there are X combinations of AB, and Y combinations of CD, so this is definitely a call" or whatever is the best way to go about playing the game. sure its part of hand reading but i dont thinks its the most important part. most of the time dont we have to look at the action and take it for what it is?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i see this all the itme - villain rasies flop with his 2 pair, set, draw whatever. he hits nuts on the turn and thinks "i are so tricky, i bet tiny on turn cuz nothing can draw out on me now!! ooooh river, time to get some value!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, this is actually pretty damn true. I'm not totally sure it's enough to fold but it might very well be. When people min-raise flops with draw (which they do 24/7 ime) they usually follow up by betting strong on the turn. When they hit a strong hand they usually bet 1/2ish pot like this.

Maybe it's possible to get away on the river. I'd usually just 3-bet the flop though so I'm screwed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 AM

I see this line from draws the whole time. Minraise on flop, smallish bet on turn and then bet bigger on river when the draw misses. Not sure the reasoning for it (except some people aren't good at poker), but I think folding on the river is crazy and you are good here a high percentage of the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 AM

but why would anyone bet 1/2 pot on the turn with a draw? based on stats/OP's descriptiopn i'm thinking this guy is NOT a donk, so why would he not check behind on turn or bet way stronger so he actually has some fold equity???

and why would he fire a 3rd barrel on that blank ass river when hero clearly likes his hand?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM

I think it would be a good idea to look at OP's hand from Villians point of view, what does it look like? When OP called flop min raise, doesn't it look like a draw to villian? On the turn, OP checks than calls small bet, sure looks like a draw. Villian could very well have KK,AQ,AJ,A10, as OP's hand is way under repped based on flop call and turn call. I think OP need's to re-pop flop and/or cr turn.
As played, since you called turn, call river.
IMO.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM

It's ridiculous to just str8 up felt this hand on the flop. Villain may be LAG pf but his rcb is only 10%. Those types rarely raise the flop with a draw. A 32/25 also 3bets ATs+ in this situation a very large % of the time.

This hand is tough b/c he rarely raises c-bets, it's a min-raise and his showdown numbers are pretty horrid. So while he is somewhat passive on the flop you wanna see what he has b/c he usually loses at SD lol. But the bet sizing does look fishy; like he has a big hand. I think in this situation I would probably just say [censored] it and call. Use the info from that hand to chase the dude around from table to table.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use the info from that hand to chase the dude around from table to table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]