Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Default the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

surely as mods we shouldn't be discussing it IN the pulled post?

And can we keep quiet about who pulled it? When it gets noticed, I'm hoping to make some money on prop bets that it was/wasn't me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (I kid)
Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

This is absurd.

[ QUOTE ]
[11:34] mmbt0ne: astro moved it because people complained about me saying lori is a dude
[11:34] mmbt0ne: well, astro sent me a pm
[11:34] mmbt0ne: i dont know if he moved it, or was just responding to mine
[11:35] jason_t: i don't understand everyone knows lori is a dude
[11:35] mmbt0ne: I KNOW!!
[11:35] mmbt0ne: everyone ive talked to about it has said that

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2006, 02:35 PM

There's a long history of people calling lori a man on the forums. I'm not going to bother to search for it but it isn't really a secret.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:36 PM

Just a quick question.

Is Lorinda some kind of trans-sexual? or wish to be regarded as female for some kind of important reason?

I always knew it was a guy...not sure why I remember that...but it'd be important for me to know why this is so important to him.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:37 PM

db,

I was waiting for astro to start a thread about it, but he didn't. We can always just delete the mod posts.

I can't believe Lori would contemplate suing. Seriously- I don't know anybody who isn't aware of his gender. Somebody told me a long time ago, and it's been talked about a ton in IRC. There's simply no big secret that got out of the bag here.

I suppose if it's the difference between avoiding an nuisance suit from a lunatic, delete the offending post and move on. Frankly, I'd rather ban the offending lunatic/anti-rakeback troll and move on.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM

One other thing to consider guys:

[ QUOTE ]
the privacy rule: don't discuss a person's private life unless you're sure they wouldn't mind.

if you refer to people using pronouns or edited pictures, there's obviously no reasonable way that we could determine who they are. many threads around here have been edited, locked, or deleted because it became obvious that very bad things were being posted, and that either they could find out about it easily or a poster here could find them easily. these are the sort of things that can result in a lawsuit. perhaps a frivelous one, but an easily avoidable one. so make it fair, or anonymize the subject of your discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I think Lorinda is clearly right here if we want to follow our own rules - though again I don't want mmbt0ne to be banned or even suspended. I'm going to solidify my position (for whatever it's worth) that the offending posts should be removed and the thread restored, unlocked).
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Lori would contemplate suing. Seriously- I don't know anybody who isn't aware of his gender. Somebody told me a long time ago, and it's been talked about a ton in IRC. There's simply no big secret that got out of the bag here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely this is just satire of the ZBT drama and the ensuing brouhaha?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:42 PM

here are the last 2 pms i've sent lori. they're basically wigging out on me and not making any sense.

does anybody know of a thread in which lori has participated where they were called a man or a woman and didn't freak out?

----

you can hold yourself responsible for a lack of action if you're too emotional to reason out why it should be taken.

i am not going to ban people any time it is requested. you would enjoy the same privilege if somebody called for your head. i said i want to work with you. if you want something done, you need to work with me.

i explained in plain english how people in oot are. if it is your concern that people will believe you are male as a result of his post, i can virtually assure you that it will only be MORE believed if i edit the comments out.

if you don't care about that, you are simply offended at the idea of anybody talking about you, or whatever you need to explain what is going on. i am trying to do what appears to be best for everyone, but you're not even telling me why you want what you want.

-----

get a [censored] grip. my last post was at 12:41AM. your first mod notice was at 12:54AM. i was not on 2+2.

where is the trainwreck? you are completely overreacting. there is 1 calm question, 1 calm response, and literally nobody commented on it.

i don't even know mmb, so he is not my buddy. i couldn't name a single post the guy has ever made outside of this one.

regarding pronouns, could you trouble yourself to read the entire sentence? if you refer to people using pronouns or edited pictures, there's obviously no reasonable way that we could determine who they are.. yeah, that really supports your point.

obviously you are upset by this. i tried to suggest a public denial because i assumed that you actually gave a crap about people thinking you were male, but it sounds to me like this is all a line of [censored] and it's just some kind of feud with mmb. the post is in the mod forum right now, but i will have it returned to oot unless you get a grip on your emotions and provide me with some REASONING. REASONING is what i need. i need to know WHY you are upset so that we can figure out the best way to address you. it is very clear what upsets you, and what sort of punitive action you want. it is meaningless unless i understand the reason why.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:43 PM

durron,

I can't remember how I know he's a man, but I'm 90% sure it's from somebody who met him in an MTG tournament. I think he's abandonded any reasonable expectation of privacy here.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely this is just satire of the ZBT drama and the ensuing brouhaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not know Lori very well [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]