Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 02:25 AM

Default Re: WTH....Ask JRussell About Snowboarding, Drinking, and Polygamy in

The Bird only received 520" last year? Solitude had over 600" and I figured Snowbird would be closer to that.

I would say 180'ing backside until it begins to feel more natural will definitely help. I'm not the best at doing backside spins myself and freesytle isn't really my thing.

Unfortunately, the kid pulling backflips is way cooler than you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 02:41 AM

Are you serious?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:00 AM

yeah nevermind, just checked the site, bird's @ 468" for the year to date, thats crazy, breck's having a huge year at 340" vail/bc/aspen with similar #'s- i gotta get out there

i freeride mainly as well but have been getting into jumping recently and really like watching the kids @ the keystone night park tear it up, seriously 13-15 yr olds filming sponsor videos, backflip into boardslide on a kinked rail, whatever the hell mistyflip variation a backflip/360 is.

where you living now? i just think its funny that you cant order a shot and a beer at the same time- but in co supermarkets can only have 3.2% beer and distributors need to patronize them exclusively with specially made low alch content beers, weak

good thread too, we need more 2p's that ride
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM

Last season was unreal here. I just checked and Solitude was at 676" when they closed around April 15th (and they got even more snow after closing).

Same here with the kids at Brighton's parks. They have some insane looking rails and these kids just tear them up.

I'm living in Salt Lake valley near the Cottonwood Canyons. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to Solitude/Brighton and about 30 minutes to Snowbird/Alta. Despite the wacky alcohol laws, Salt Lake City is a really nice place to live. The people are generally very nice (about 50% are Mormans) and crime is almost non-existant when compared to other cities of a similar size. There aren't too many other major US cities where you are 15 minutes from an International airport and within 45 minutes of 7 world-class ski resorts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you think I actually sat here and made this stuff up! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I am deadly serious.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM

- Mixed drinks sold in bars/nightclubs have a "metered dispenser" on the bottle which only allows the drinks to be made at 3.2%. All bartenders pool their tips, so being a heavy tipper will not get you stronger drinks.

Can you just order a shot and mix it yourself? In SC the bars I used to go to that had video poker had to sell you an airplane bottle with your coke and you had to make your own drink, funny how they think these things will change anything.

I dont guess there are any strip clubs in Utah?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:13 PM

I think the term "strip clup" in Utah is a word for where you house your many wives.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- Mixed drinks sold in bars/nightclubs have a "metered dispenser" on the bottle which only allows the drinks to be made at 3.2%. All bartenders pool their tips, so being a heavy tipper will not get you stronger drinks.

Can you just order a shot and mix it yourself? In SC the bars I used to go to that had video poker had to sell you an airplane bottle with your coke and you had to make your own drink, funny how they think these things will change anything.

I dont guess there are any strip clubs in Utah?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can't and yes there are

Full nude strip clubs are non (alcoholic) drinking and cost a lot. I think you have to buy a non-alcoholic drink and they cost like $15 each.

Also have the G-string/Pastie clubs all over the place.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Correct on the drinking question, but there are no nude strip clubs. All of the stip clubs here use g-strings/pasties.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:14 PM

JRussell,

I grew up in utah, and while all of your snow-related answers are terrific, there is a lot of sketchy info in here.

"Mixed drinks sold in bars/nightclubs have a "metered dispenser" on the bottle which only allows the drinks to be made at 3.2%."

The beer is 3.2, but you can buy cocktails that are stronger. You can also get straight vodka/whiskey/teqiula/whatever shots in clubs (almost all bars are "clubs").

"Bars/nightclubs must be designated as a "private club for members only". To become a member you simply sign a list at the front door."

You can't just sign a list. In order to become a member you must give ID and pay a membership fee, which typically will be $20/year or $5/week. If you are a member, you can "sponsor" up to four guests/night by signing them in. A pretty common workaround if you don't have a membership somewhere is to go in and ask the rope guy/bouncer/bartender if there are any members that can sponsor you, and usually they will grab a regular and get them to sign you in. If someone gets you in it is customary to buy them a beer.

Also, a bar need not be a private club in order to serve 3.2 beer. There are many "beer bars" that serve 3.2 beer only that do not require a membership to get in.

"there are no nude strip clubs"

I haven't been back in a while, but are you telling me american bush is closed??

"Another thing that is strongly based upon your status in the church is where your sons end-up as missionaries. Being higher up in the church means your son will probably be assigned to a mission in somewhere like Florida or the Caribbean. The poor guys on the bottom get sent to places like Somalia instead."

I've never heard this and I'm almost positive it isn't true. I had quite a few friends whose fathers' had a very high status in the church (bishops, stake presidents, etc) who ended up in places like colombia, russia, africa, etc. Also, stateside missions are often filled by missionaries with higher health risks or a perception that they will have difficulty picking up a foreign language and are generally not highly regarded. And they would never send you anywhere even remotely as dangerous as Somalia.